This job is currently Archived,
Sr Manager, Tech Transfer - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 11 April 2017
- Exciting new opportunity for an experienced and motivated team player to join our company manufacturing facility.
- This Manufacturing Sciences position provides leadership for the technology transfer (TT) team at the site and serves as overall project manager for active TTs at the site.
- You will report into the head of the site Mfg Sciences team, and will direct a small team (2-3) of TT process SMEs.
- Lead the project management and standing cross-functional (Manufacturing, Mfg. Support, Process and Automation Engineering, Development, QA, QC) meetings for successful Tech Transfer of new biomanufacturing processes into the plant.
- Provide direction, mentoring, and management/administrative duties for small team of TT SMEs
- Lead Process Performance Qualification campaigns. Author overall PPQ Master Plans and final reports for programs undergoing PPQ
- Lead technical projects towards improved facility capabilities, efficient systems, improved technical competency, or increased process/scale-up understanding.
- Communicate effectively to department and site leadership and within external forums as appropriate
- Solid technical understanding of both upstream (medium prep and mammalian cell culture) and downstream (harvest, chromatography, viral filtration, and/or UF/DF) technologies is required, including transfer of such processes into full-scale bio manufacturing facilities.
- Direct experience in tech transfer of processes into manufacturing highly desirable, as is project management experience.
- Excellent collaborative skills for partnering with Operations, Engineering, Quality, Development, and Regulatory Affairs as needed
Bachelor’s, Master's, or PhD degree in Chemical or Bio process Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or closely allied discipline
- Our company is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases.
- Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
- Our company is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies.
- Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options.
- These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
- With more than 7,000 people worldwide, our company is truly a global organization.
- Our international operations are based in Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities .
- We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, Biochemistry, Biotech, Engineer, Technology, Science, Engineering