Sr Manager, Talent Acquisition - United States
- Manager Talent Acquisition (TAq) will lead the team of North American recruiters and continuously drive for the highest hiring manager and candidate experiences.
- Sr Mgr TAq will deliver high quality candidates and advance the company brand across numerous markets and professional communities while guiding hiring managers and candidates through the company selection process.
- Lead by example and provide insights to the business (scope of the role, market data and interview feedback, setting expectations and driving weekly 1:1’s
- Perform full life-cycle recruiting and maintain excellent relations with hiring managers, candidates, and the community. A wide degree of creativity, near- and long-term recruiting vision, business understanding, and personal organization is required.
- Partner with internal colleagues to Lead, design and deliver recruitment strategies and conduct full-cycle recruitment activities from a technical and cultural perspective within assigned customer groups.
- Partner with hiring managers and HR to identify and clarify job specifications in order to effectively source quality candidates.
- Partner with department heads and hiring managers to understand the needs of business and develop a TAq plan to support current hiring needs and future growth. Create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
- Partner with assigned business leaders and finance/HR to align on methodologies and accuracy of workforce plan and headcount mgmt., while maintaining the North American TAq budgeted approval process.
- Write complete and detailed intake documents ensuring an understanding of job duties, job responsibilities, and required/desired skills.
- Work with Sourcing team (when applicable) and Leaders to ensure successful differentiated hiring is achieved with improved client and candidate experience
- Proactively engage with the candidate market to build a strong talent pool for current and future opportunities
- Screen candidate applications using best-fit criteria such as availability and behavioral assessment
- Proactively manage communications with candidates, keeping individuals informed and engaged throughout the recruitment process acting as a steward of positive candidate experience
- Prepare candidates for interviewing with the company and specific hiring managers by providing detailed information on the company, business strategy, organization, job descriptions, and expectation-setting.
- Work closely with other members of the recruiting team to ensure all applicant information is updated in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to ensure being audit-ready at all times
- Stay up-to-date on Bio-Pharma industry, employment trends and practices, to effectively anticipate and address changes that could impact applicant availability, sourcing and recruiting
- Consult with business on staffing and recruitment policies, ensuring compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity mandates, compensation guidelines and other company processes.
- Help continuously assess and improve time-to-fill, quality of hires, and candidate experience
- Effectively utilize a broad range of sources to fill open opportunities
- Vendor/RPO/CW/Agency Management (where applicable)
- Drive for ONE GLOBAL TAq experience including policy adherence, knowledge sharing, problem solving, etc.
- Work with hiring managers and leaders to problem solve. Establish and maintain accountability to Business, HRBP’s and TAq colleagues.
- Partner with HR, LOD and Client Leaders for critical talent and succession planning (both internal and external candidates)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 10+ years recruiting experience, with 3 years in the Pharmaceutical, Bio-tech or Healthcare market
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills with the ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Demonstrated ability to screen applicants through VP level
- A strong process orientation with the goal of developing and rolling out best practices into the TAq function
- Ability to develop and execute recruiting strategies to meet staffing goals and objectives in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong ability to establish and maintain effective relationships throughout the organization, coupled with the ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to effectively "sell" the culture and benefits of working for the company, and promote the brand
- Ability to effectively manage tasks, including following up on outstanding action items
- Exercises discretion when dealing with sensitive information regarding candidates and employees
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation
- Experience recruiting in assigned business unit (Commercial, R&D, G&A, Tech Ops)
- Experience using ICIMS helpful
- Recruiting Certifications (AIRS, LinkedIn Recruiter, SHRM)
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant recruitment experience
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.