This job is currently Archived,
Sr Manager, Strategic Sourcing - Switzerland
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- The position is responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies for the assigned category of spend that deliver value to the business by reducing risk, improving quality, and reducing costs.
- This includes leading cross-functional teams & interfacing with key internal clients to understand their sourcing needs, performing market research, devising sourcing strategies, and executing including the sourcing execution (eg, competitive bidding, partnership development, consolidation/reducing complexities of the buy, etc.) and negotiation of contracts.
- Develop sourcing strategies within assigned category - obtaining business requirements from key internal clients, leading cross-functional sourcing teams, conducting market research, and sourcing strategy creation from these two pieces of due diligence
- Leading cross-functional teams, developing and managing the sourcing implementation plans, and performing all business-related functions of the sourcing initiative, negotiating contracts, and transitioning to the business units for physical implementation
- Supplier relationship management - inclusion of key performance indicators for the category of spend into contracts and supporting key operational due diligence efforts (e.g., being a SME during quality audits, interpretation of contracts and obligations therein, etc.)
- Category maintenance - contract life-cycle management (e.g. renewing expiring contracts, updating pricing annually, etc.), category databases (e.g. refreshing internal business requirement/impact metrics, supplier capabilities database, etc.), scanning the marketplace for changes and managing any known or potential business impact and developing risk mitigation plans
- Both department/category business process improvements and personal development
- Management of specified inventories at specified manufacturing locations (e.g. review and approval of purchase requests to ensure supply of materials needed for product manufacture while minimizing inventory write-offs)
- Reports to Associate Director
- English language required
- Experience negotiating contracts
- Experience working in a matrix environment with indirect reporting structures
- Minimum of 5 year experience working within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical or supply chain field
- Bachelors Degree
- Master degree in purchasing desirable
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Manager, Pharmaceutical, Biology, Science, Operations