Sr. Manager, Specialty Distribution (Temporary) - United States
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Patient Access Services, and job responsibilities are primarily U.S. focused.
- This position is responsible for implementing and managing specialty pharmacy operations in support of marketed products in the U.S.
- The individual will ensure that systems and processes related to Specialty Pharmacies contracted to distribute our company products are implemented and maintained effectively.
- The individual is the key operational contact between Market Access and Patient Services, RareConnections, Sales Operations and BMRN’s Specialty Pharmacy network.
- He/She ensures the interfaces between RareConnections, Sales Operations and Specialty Pharmacies is maintained at a high level.
- The individual will advise Market Access and Patient Services (MAPS) management on specialty distribution effectiveness, and will collaborate on the development of appropriate systems and processes to manage related information closely with the Trade and Patient Access Service Franchise leads.
- Ensures contract compliance and participates in business review meetings with specialty distribution partners
- Reviews and validates monthly and quarterly distribution charges invoiced to our company by Specialty Pharmacies
- Oversee SP network partners performance to drive high customer satisfaction using performance metrics
- Follows up on SP network expansion request/document in system
- Responsible for day-to-day relationship of RareConnections SP Case Managers and SP Partners to deliver a high-touch patient model for multiple orphan products
- Oversees daily operational functions and interfaces between contracted Specialty Pharmacies, Sales Operations, andRareConnections
- Leads weekly patient status meetings or conference calls with Specialty Pharmacies to synchronize on patients requiring follow up by either the SP or RareConnections to identify and resolve other operational issues
- Leads weekly operations meetings between our company Sales Operations and Rare Connections Ensures operational issues and opportunities are identified, tracked, and resolved.
- Ensures distribution related to Patient Assistance Program or other free drug programs is implemented and managed in an effective and compliant manner working through the SP or with Rare Connections
- Coordinates notification Specialty Pharmacies informing them of changes to relevant policies or procedures
- Develop process flows for interactions between RC, SP and BMRN, e.g., Lead launch implementation teams
- Tracks, measures, and advises commercial operations management on specialty pharmacy performance
- Support analytics for dispense reconciliation and revenue recognition in CRM
- Five plus years of commercial experience with a biotech company or a Specialty Pharmacy preferred
- Minimum of three years experience in customer service, distribution management, or contract management required
- Experience with distribution methods and channels with Specialty Pharmacy and wholesalers is preferred
- Superior interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and communication skills are required
- Excellent skills using Sales Force/Pega platforms, Tableau and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) required
- Travel 25% a must
Bachelor's Degree is required