Sr Manager, Sales Training (Rare Disease) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Senior Training Manager (STM) role is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing training programs which increase the skills, knowledge and behaviors of both HCP and Patient facing commercial roles with a goal of positively impacting number of patients on therapy and sales results.
- This includes all new hire training, product launches, national, divisional, and regional meetings, distance learning programs, instructor-led programs, and other identified training opportunities and methodologies.
- In this role the STM reports into the AD, Rare Disease Learning and will work closely with sales and marketing team members to ensure a thorough understanding of products in the marketplace and develop training to support tactical implementation of the marketing strategy.
- The STM will work with other training team members and field force trainers to achieve business and learning goals.
- In this role, the STM must partner effectively with Sales, Medical, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, Patient Services, and other strategic partners to develop and deliver training that helps drive business results.
- Develop training programs, including workshops, distance learning, and other learning methodologies to support the needs of our US & Global Rare Disease partners.
- Design, develop, and deliver training sessions for the US Commercial Field team that increase customer interaction skills and clinical/ product knowledge, with a goal of positively impacting patients on therapy and sales results.
- Project Lead for New Hire Classes. Develop and deliver training sessions and assessments by facilitating the most appropriate format for new hire training purpose. Provide feedback to managers on new hire performance.
- Design, develop and implement training programs and materials for continuing education of experienced commercial field reps; includes product launches, National and POA meetings, teleconferences, WebEx and other identified training opportunities in a continuous learning mode.
- Design and analyze assessments to identify skills and knowledge gaps. Create measurement strategy and implement measurement of training programs
- Work closely with marketing team members to ensure a thorough understanding of products in the marketplace and to develop training to support tactical implementation of marketing strategy. In addition, partner effectively with Sales, Medical/Clinical, Legal, Regulatory, and any other strategic partners to develop and deliver training as needed.
- Manage external vendors to bring high quality services within the set budget and on time.
- Provide input to the AD, Rare Disease Learning on the strategic vision as well as tactical improvements for the sales training department.
- Work with other sales training team members and field trainers to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Apply principles of adult learning to ensure training effectiveness. Access resources to keep up-to-date on industry best demonstrated practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence with presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to teach, coach and develop people in complex commercial field organization.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and execute in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the selling process
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time.
- Demonstrated results orientation and high productivity through setting high standards and achieving stretch goals.
- 2 - 3 years training experience, in pharma preferred
- 3 - 5 years selling experience in healthcare industry with demonstrated success required
- Experience working in a Rare Disease category is preferred
Bachelor's Degree Required
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Sales Management, Training, Biology, Science, Sales, Operations