Sr. Manager, Project Management (HR) Job - India
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Project Management Specialist, APJ/C reports directly to the Transition, Program Management and Org Readiness Lead APJ/C, and is responsible for driving project management of strategic and operational HR projects in the Global HR Service Delivery function of the Region developing methodologies to support transition and transformation projects for organization effectiveness and employee experience.
In this role, the incumbent will consistently demonstrate Merck Leadership Standards, leader of change and actively driving strategy development and implementation in the GSD organisation
The incumbent will closely collaborate with :
HR Portfolio team with Global HR Operations, global and regional CoEs and regional stakeholders.
Regional HRSD Delivery team for process design, improvements and standardization during and in addition to HR transformation projects
Regional Organization Readiness team to initiate change management efforts associated with projects and other interventions needed to deliver the HR portfolio strategy
Regional Client Relationship Management team to drive regional adoption of the global service delivery model in support of the successful implementation of the projects
Duties, Responsibilities, Activities:
1 Project Management
- Liaise and collaborate with the Transition Lead to design and delivery of the project plans required to drive successful implementation of HR Portfolio (global and regional) initiatives and HR transformation projects across the region. Includes close collaboration with key statekholders within business HR, CoEs, HRSD and vendors (if applicable) at global, regional and country level, to orchestrate this.
- Design and delivery of the project plans needed for the successful transition of services from Business HR to HR Ops/ HR Service Centre resources; leveraging the transition methodology and contributing to its continuous improvement through the application of lessons learned
- Plan and review all project tasks and performance on a regular basis with the key sponsors and leaders, benchmarking against key milestone deliverables. Monitoring and planning of the schedule and inventory of resource requirements. Detailed tracking and documentation of all issues that arise during the project. Provide feedback to project team members as necessary for continued high performance.
- Facilitate cross-pollination of ideas/expertise across various project teams
- Liaison with third party teams/vendors and other relevant internal stakeholders regarding integration of their projects.
- Identification and mitigation of risks to the project by the application of proven risk mitigation interventions and their active management. Escalate any scope changes, critical path issues and project conflicts to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget, and that all deliverables and requirements are met. Escalate requests for additional funding/contract management.
- Leverage knowledge management resources like Teamsites to help foster cross-team cooperation. Facilitate project debriefs, identifies success and opportunities for improvements, and applies learnings to future projects. Responsible for forging strong links with peers across the region to identify and share proven practice and contribute to meetings focussed on knowledge sharing.
- Closely collaborate with Delivery Assurance team to develop robust service contracts/ agreements with countries/ CoEs transitioning work, clearly outlining the scope of deliverables and value capture from the transition.
- Drive process improvement and harmonisation through the transitions, championing the centralization of services, use of standardized tools/ templates, creation of rigorous processes, and adoption of the HR portal.
- Liaison with global HR Operations, global and regional CoEs, technology teams, and any other relevant stakeholders to support the transitions with necessary process and technical tools/ infrastructure.
- Liaison with Organization Readiness team for driving change management, communications and training to support successful implementation of initiatives and HR transformation projects across the region.
- Monitor and control efforts to ensure transitioned processes and services are effectively supported post implementation, agreed SLAs are met, any implementation gaps and issues promptly addressed, and required improvements prioritized.
- Act as a reference point for PMO queries and information and an advocate for best practices in project management. Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, coordination of project Governance arrangements, Post Project Reviews, Programme level workshops.
2 Process Design:
- Responsible for design of processes to support HR transitions in the region as well as implementation of strategic regional processes and programs, aligned to global and regional HR model and roadmap.
- Review and analysis of as-is processes to understand and document local requirements within the context of global, regional and sub-regional process templates.
- Ensure the processes are rigorously tested, compliant with Merck standards, and metrics established to ensure sustained efficacy of the transitioned services.
- Ensure proper documentation of HR services delivery agreements and procedures. Establish and communicate standards and protocols as necessary.
- Proactively stay up-to-date on trends and developments within assigned functional area of expertise, constantly researching and implementing best practices as appropriate.
• Project Management expertise to ensure timely delivery. Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
• Proven knowledge and understanding of the HR business model.
• Good exposure in projects related to HR processes and creating HR solutions as per organizational needs.
• Strong ability to acquire and process knowledge aligned to the HR portfolio.
• Excellent communication including presentations and high quality methodology documentation
• Strong drive to guide each project & team to a successful completion
• Strong listening & comprehension skills.
• Good prioritization skills and attention to detail and follow up; strong analytical skills together with developed business acumen.
• Strong orientation toward Innovation & Creativity.
• Strong ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines, working with individuals in different timezones and varied working styles and managing challenging expectations.
• Strong interpersonal skills, influencing skills, including relationship building & maintaining.
• Demonstrated ability to work in teams and collaborate / partner with others from across the business.
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving and conflict management skills.
• Ability to delegate work effectively.
Minimum Experience Required/Preferred
• 6-8 years experience working in an HR function or HR Shared Services environment
• Regional exposure across Asia Pacific, China and Japan, with a keen understanding of the cultural drivers
• Prior experience /demonstrated business success working through all areas of a transition.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project management, process design and change management techniques.
Job: Human Resources Process, Systems and Analytics Job Title:Sr. Spclst, HR Operations
Primary Location: APAC-IN-MH-Mumbai
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Manager, Project Manager, Program Manager, Relationship Manager, HR, Management, Technology, Customer Service, Human Resources