Sr. Manager, Pipeline Market Planning - United States
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position plays a key role within the commercial organization focused on driving commercial activities for BioMarin’s development programs. He/she participates in commercial planning and market preparation activities by providing objective, in-depth information on current and future markets, customers and competitors. The position works closely with commercial leads to assess critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborates with commercial colleagues in assessing markets, and supports executing strategies for the products. The ideal candidate will show growth potential into product or pipeline marketing roles.
• Support commercial strategies and tactics for pipeline products. Perform analyses and program tactics to advance the commercial development and launch readiness of the programs.
• Work with commercial leads to support team activities and strategy development. Provide evaluation of market opportunities, support brand plan, and lead appropriate market development/ pre-launch activities
• With guidance of the commercial leads, perform assessments on the commercial potential, market and competitive landscapes for pipeline programs, as well as for business development opportunities
• Evaluate the market landscape, monitor changes and predict trends in market dynamics and competition
• Support quantitative patient-based revenue models for marketed products and development stage programs.
• Help design and execute market research projects and leverage secondary data as necessary.
• As needed, support business development efforts by providing evaluation of market opportunities
Bachelors, preferably in life sciences or economics
MPH or PhD in life sciences a plus
2+ years in commercial or analytical role in life sciences, preferably pharmaceutical
Management/ strategic consulting, marketing, and market research experiences strongly preferred
Excellent communication, collaboration, strategic and analytical skills are required
Experience working in orphan or specialty markets, especially genetics or neurology
U.S. and international experience
Language skills beyond English
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.