プロジェクト投資採算性評価担当 （管理職）/ Sr. Manager – GBD Finance and Business Analytics - Japan
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us at our Global Business Development BD Finance team in our Tokyo office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 30,000 professionals working together across over 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Watch our Medicine for the World video.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Global BDは武田薬品の事業開発活動を管轄し、武田の将来の成長戦略を構成するための主要な事業領域の一つです。コマーシャルやR&D、製造部門等との協業を通して、Global BDは以下の活動を主導しています。
医薬品のライセンシング（In-license / Out-license）、M&A（合併、買収、出資 等）、Divestment（事業譲渡 等）等のプロジェクトにおける投資採算性評価業務（※）
※ Global BD内のBD Financeチームにて、価値算定や財務分析等の採算性評価業務の日本案件担当（並びにEM/EUCAN案件、Global案件のサポート業務も含む）として勤務頂きます。
Support the Global Business Development organization in the analysis and execution of business development opportunities including product licenses, research collaborations, acquisitions, asset divestitures and strategic investments. This position is primarily responsible for independently leading the financial modeling and evaluation of transactions, with additional participation on deal teams through the transaction process, including negotiations support and due diligence. Candidate will gain exposure to Sr. Leaders in Global Business Development, R&D and Regional Commercial Organizations.
• Responsible for the construction and analysis of valuation models and associated presentations, including assisting with deal term validation and development.
• Lead the finance portion of the due diligence process by providing specialist knowledge on the finance side of the transaction, being the conduit to getting other areas of Finance involved in diligence and involving external experts, where appropriate.
• Prepare quick, “first-pass” analyses with respect to potential deals (M&A, licensing, etc.), as well as more complex, fully developed models.
• Keep apprised of the pharma sector in general, with special attention to current business development trends and implied valuations.
• Provide thought leadership in the ongoing review of current practices by identifying opportunities to improve the function and operation of the global business development group with respect to financial analysis, deal structuring and business case preparation/evaluation.
• Keep current on developments in accounting policy and finance methods applicable to business development transactions. Actively updating the business development team on changes in policy that may affect how deals are viewed or valued.
• Develop and maintain relationships across functional areas providing key valuation inputs.
• Serve additional role(s) as needed on transaction teams, including negotiation support and overall project management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 6 years of work experience, with at least 5 years of relevant business experience including demonstrated business investment analysis modeling skills (NPV, ROI, etc.)
• 3 years of healthcare industry experience
• Knowledge of applicable accounting standards (GAAP/IFRS) and familiarity with SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, etc.).
• Strong computer software skills (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• MBA or CPA.
• Previous experience in investment banking/consulting (or similar experience where valuation-type services are provided).
• Ability to work independently with limited oversight.
• Ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, including preparing presentations.
• Ability to analyze financial results and know how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business. Must be able to conduct market, industry, and company research with limited available information under time constraints.
• Capability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in an unpredictable environment, while maintaining flexibility to deal with change effectively.
• Ability to gain trust of high-level management and the business development team and leverage relationships to provide best possible financial plans and drive impactful analytical projects.
• Propensity to successfully work with others at all levels within a complex, team oriented, global organization, with the skills and acumen to assume roles of greater responsibility over time within the organization.
• Ability and desire to take ownership over activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent demonstration of “out of the box” thinking.
• Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites – limited overnight.
• Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects.
Periodic overnight travel may be required including some international.
昇給・賞与： 昇給 原則年1回 賞与 年2回
勤務時間： 本社（大阪・東京）9：00～17：30 ／ 工場（大阪・山口）8：00～16：45 ／ 研究所（神奈川）9：00～17：45
【Employee BenefitsIn Japan】
Allowances: Commutation, Housing, Overtime Work etc.
Working Hours: Headquaters (Osaka/ Tokyo) 9:00-17:30, Production Sites (Osaka/ Yamaguchi) 8:00-16:45, Research Site (Kanagawa) 9:00-17:45
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Refresh Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave, Philanthropy Leave.
Empowering Our People to Shine