This job is currently Archived,
Sr Manager, Materials Management - Switzerland
Posted on : 19 June 2017
- The Sr. Manager directs all material related activities, manufacturing/ inbound logistics and warehouse activities and acts as the primary end-user owner for all IT systems relating to material accountability at the company next generation Drug Substance (DS) Facility.
- These activities include Clinical and Commercial product and sample logistics, cGMP warehousing (raw materials, cell banks, product intermediates, and finished goods), shipping and receiving, material dispensing and materials planning for the site.
- The Sr. Manager is responsible for managing and optimizing warehouse and materials management processes/systems.
- Moreover, the Sr. Manager ensures accurate planning/delivery of materials and inventory control to support manufacturing activities, leads the inventory cycle count process, manages warehouse utilization and capacity, and leads the Excess & Obsolescence process.
- The Sr. Manager collaborates intensively with local manufacturing operations (esp. for dispensary) and Quality Control (esp. sampling activities) and collaborated globally with counterparts regarding materials management strategies including E&O mitigation and sharing of best practices, as well as to ensure materials are received and delivered as scheduled.
- Additionally, the Sr. Manager recommends and implements efficiency and productivity improvements for all materials management processes and -systems and the warehouse operations.
- Manages and oversees all manufacturing/ inbound logistics activities and warehouse activities.
- Serves as the primary liaison with other departments to ensure that the dispensary and warehouse functions are being performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manages support of tech transfer process and is accountable for ensuring that the raw material needs for the manufacturing campaigns are met for the start-up of the manufacturing campaigns.
- Engages in strategic activities and applies strategies to his/her department. Participates on strategy-related and/or process improvement teams such as cross-site teams, global practices teams, information technology, regulatory submission teams and compliance improvement teams.
- Evaluates, develops, and implements continuous improvements and best practices by evaluating areas of efficiency and effectiveness improvement opportunities.
- Achieves financial objectives by supporting the annual Dispensary, Warehouse and Materials management budget process, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Addresses team development opportunities through goal creation/alignment/attainment, knowledge and skill enhancements to prepare them for future promotion. Actively participates in hiring the best and building talent capabilities within team.
- The Sr. Manager is offered an unique opportunity to affect and develop the area and to develop professionally as well as personally.
- The Sr. Manager will work in an international and highly dynamic environment, including collaboration with international affiliates and external partners.
The preferred candidate holds a relevant degree combined with minimum 8 years of relevant management and operations experience and/or training in a GMP regulated industry, including:
- Working knowledge of materials and supply chain management (ERP/MRP systems)
- Strong knowledge in inventory management systems, inventory control and associated applications (i.e., Oracle R12, MRP/ASCP, Business Objects, OBI, etc.)
- Has a good understanding of warehouse operations, materials planning/management, and inventory control
- Proven effectiveness in managing a team, as well as communicating and collaborating across functions
- Understanding of QA, GMP and Regulatory Principles.
- Basic bio pharma manufacturing knowledge and analytical skills to troubleshoot conflicts
- Solid knowledge of other operational areas such as Manufacturing, QC/QA, Planning & Scheduling, Manufacturing Sciences and PO&T Procurement
- General understanding of the finance/budgeting processes as well as inventory control
- Basic knowledge of lean and project management concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communication in both English and German
Minimum Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering, Business or related business/science/technical field.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Manager, Biotech, Database, Engineer, Supply Chain Manager, Management, Science, Technology, Engineering, Operations