Sr. Manager, Market Access Operations Analytics - United States
- The Sr. Manager, Market Access Operations Analytics will support and lead Continuous Improvement (CI) / Operational Excellence (OE) efforts to build and improve scalable business processes in Market Access for our company.
- The Sr. Manager must partner across Market Access and other data analyst functions to scope, prioritize, and deliver data analyses that inform process improvement decisions and ongoing process performance monitoring.
- Example Market Access business processes include: patient services, channel distribution, and payer contracting.
- Create process and value stream maps for critical business operations
- Assess business process effectiveness by analyzing baseline performance data; identify improvement opportunities
- Create performance dashboards and control charts as necessary to monitor process performance
- Facilitate and support root cause analysis by analyzing data to test hypotheses
- Lead and collaborate with Brand, Business Operations, and IT partner functions support ongoing performance monitoring and improvement
- Engage team members at all levels (individual contributor to senior leadership) in formal presentations, informal discussions, and workshops
- Support accountable leaders in driving data-based decisions and discipline in project execution
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in Lean / Six Sigma analysis tools (e.g., control charts, variance analysis, hypothesis testing)
- Familiarity with data reporting and visualization tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau)
- Experience in market access / managed care is a plus
- Management/strategy consulting or similar experience preferred (i.e., experience with performing interviews and influencing decision-making)
- Good communications skills (verbal and written) is a must
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Six Sigma Black Belt required
- PMP certification preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.