Sr. Manager, Market Access, Czech Republic - Czechia
|External Posting Title||Sr. Manager, Market Access, Czech Republic|
|Job Description||Overview |
The Sr. Market Access Manager has the primary responsibility for planning and managing market access and pricing activities for in-line and launch products for the local market. This includes development of reimbursement/value dossier for the national authority and other stakeholders (i.e. health care insurances, hospitals), development /implementation of economic budget impact models and management of regular reference pricing reviews. She/he works closely with regulatory affairs, medical and marketing teams as well as the regional and global market access team to ensure that market access programs are in line with the overarching strategies. The Market Access Senior Manager is the overall responsible for patients’ access to BIIB’s current and future products in the local market. For this purpose, key relationships are fostered with decision makers and influencers (persons, organizations) in this process. These are Insurance Companies, Patient Advocacy Groups, Scientific Committee of the Neurologists’ Society, Board of Directors/Department Heads of Hospitals, and Government Employees such as but not limited to Politicians, Reimbursement Authorities and Regulatory Authorities.
1. Critically assesses drivers and barriers to pricing, reimbursement and market access
• Develops comprehensive strategy and activity plans for Market Access for the affiliate securing fast access to therapies to patients
• Develops core deliverables in cooperation with global / international staff (e.g. reimbursement dossiers, health economic evaluations/value dossiers, budget impact models) to generate local specific data
• Plans and ensures implementation of value dossiers adapted for the local market (i.e. health insurances, hospitals)
• Effectively manages pricing strategy for Hospitals and other key stakeholders
• Ensures continuous internal education on health politics and health economics, pricing and value of drug therapy
• Design and execute Market Access programs to increase Market Access capabilities locally with a cross functional approach
2. KOL management and member of national working groups
• Stakeholder management & engagement
• GA platform
• HE platform
3. Preparation of supportive educational activities (hospitals, sick funds)
• Seminars, round tables
• Data dissemination
4. Presents GA, PA and MA activities
• at the business and budget reviews,
• local ABs, round tables
5. Responsible for corporate PR and PR on public
• increase awareness about BIIB
• increase awareness about MS
• lead PR initiatives to sustain BIIB image and build partnership with key stakeholders
6. Job holder must respect internal rules and all rules based on the respective legal and ethical (AIFP codex) standards. Any safety related information concerning Biogen products (adverse event / suspicion on adverse event etc.) must report to the Affiliate Safety Designated Staff in accordance with current internal company rules. Any quality related information concerning Biogen products (product complaints / product defects / suspicion on product defects / falsified medicinal products etc.) must reports directly to the Manager, Quality & Governance in accordance with current internal company rules.
|Job Category||Market Access|
• 5+ year experience in pharmaceutical contexts, in market access specialty areas, or similar.
• Track record of successful reimbursement negotiations for biopharmaceutical products with local reimbursement authorities. Expertise in the field of outcomes research, epidemiology or health economics studies.
• Stakeholder management
• Action oriented, works efficiently and methodically, constantly moving forward to achieve set goals
• Intellectually sharp and fast thinker.
• Excellent conceptual, strategic and analytical skills.
• Interpersonally savvy, works comfortably in cross-functional teams.
• Degree in economics or sciences
• Good command of the English language and fluency in local language
|About Biogen||Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. |
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Manager, Marketing Manager, Science, Management, Marketing, Research