- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain company's cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- The Sr. Manager, Legal Systems position is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, dynamic corporate legal department supporting a growing, global biopharmaceutical company.
- The key role of the Manager, Legal Systems is to provide the corporate Legal Department with assistance, particularly in relation to Legal Department processes and procedures, Legal Department custom IT programs (including the Company’s contracts life-cycle management system), developing and maintaining filing structures, developing and implementing written department procedures and process guides, assisting with the contracting process, and managing the Company’s records management processes and procedures.
- The Manager, Legal Systems will work with cross-functional departments, including IT, Finance, and others as-needed.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and maintain the contracts lifecycle management system for Legal Department and entire company;
- Develop and update training guides for and hold regular training sessions company-wide for contracts lifecycle management system use by end users;
- Review, analyze, troubleshoot, develop, implement and oversee Legal Department filing systems using own discretion and judgment;
- Act as company Custodian of Records, including taking responsibility for the company-wide document retention policy, becoming a knowledge leader with respect to the requirements of the record retention policy, signing on behalf of the company as Custodian of Records witness in governmental inquiries or litigation, and responding to internal inquiries regarding the maintenance of department retention schedules;
- Manage improvement to and ongoing implementation of Legal Department off-site storage and document retention policy;
- Track and manage Legal Department software, support budgets and prepare budget proposals for General Counsel to present to Board of Directors;
- Manage and request contracts for Legal Department software support in accordance with approved budgets;
- Review and reconcile invoices submitted against Legal Department software support contracts and verify billings are correct for Corporate Counsel or General Counsel to approve invoices for payment;
- Liaise with IT and the Legal Department on projects as needed;
- Become familiar with all administrative Legal Department business processes and hold meetings to gain consensus about and accurately document these processes into training/procedure guides.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in legal support, contracts administration or other relevant legal experience, preferably within biotech/pharmaceutical industry or other contract intensive field.
- Experience and aptitude with IT programs, required as well as strong skills in using Microsoft Office products.
- Sound judgment and discretion required.
- Strong management and people skills a must.
- Ability to discreetly handle highly confidential insider information and maintain confidentiality of same.
- Strong problem-solving, time-management, and organizational skills required. Must be able to manage heavy workload, prioritize and work under pressure and aggressive timelines in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and a quick learner.
- Familiarity with Ariba a plus.