Sr. Manager, Global Medical Information Summit United States,
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Serves as a therapy area and product expert for both internal and external customers. Conducts medical review to ensure medical accuracy, currency and scientific-balance of promotional and medical communications materials produced by internal business partners. Develops and reviews local medical information content, ensuring accuracy, currency and scientific balance of all scientific and clinical information provided by Medical Information (MI) colleagues.
Collaborates with regional/local MI affiliates to drive best practices and develop and execute MI action plans when product related issues are identified. Leads and/or contributes to MI planning for new product launches, line extensions, and key data releases, as applicable. Proactively analyzes global customer inquiry data to identify trends and knowledge gaps; strategically communicates actionable customer insights to cross-functional stakeholders to inform business planning. Participates in/leads departmental initiatives aimed at enhancing processes as well as the global delivery of medical information. Participates in mentoring, coaching and training of new and existing colleagues. Serves as a role-model for Medical Information Managers and provides them with strategic and technical/functional guidance.
- Conducts medical review of branded and unbranded promotional materials, market access and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) materials and medical communications materials to ensure accuracy, currency, scientific balance and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Collaborates on strategy/development of materials (e.g. concept reviews) as applicable and drives toward solutions on challenging issues. Shares best practices across therapeutic areas.
- Develops and reviews local medical information content, ensuring accuracy, currency and scientific balance of all scientific and clinical information provided by MI colleagues. Contributes to the planning, development, and review of global medical information content.
- Acts as a resource and source of guidance for Medical Information Managers regarding functional activities including local MI content creation update and therapy area expertise.
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of assigned therapeutic area and pertinent disease state(s).
- Collaborates with regional/local MI affiliates to drive best practices and develop and execute MI action plans when product related issues are identified. May serve as the global MI point of contact for a specific local MI affiliate to communicate global updates and obtain key insights to bring back to the broader global team.
- Represents Medical Information at interdisciplinary meetings and related initiatives to provide therapy area information on the company s products.
- Leads and/or contributes to MI planning for new product launches, line extensions, and key data releases, as applicable.
- Proactively analyzes global customer inquiry data to identify trends and knowledge gaps; strategically communicates actionable customer insights to cross-functional stakeholders to inform business planning.
- Utilizes the appropriate information resources to identify published literature and respond to medical information inquiries from healthcare professionals, consumers, and internal business partners verbally and/or in writing; prepares customized responses as needed and accurately and comprehensively transcribes all aspects of the interaction within the Global Medical Information database.
- Assists Medical Information Specialists and Medical Information Managers with challenging requests for medical information; provides direction on how to handle specific inquiries. Provides support for MI affiliate escalations by conducting an in-depth analysis of published and unpublished data and engaging cross-functional colleagues to identify appropriate resources to utilize in addressing complex inquiries.
- Proactively monitors the compendia landscape to identify unmet medical needs warranting the submission of new scientific and clinical data for inclusion. Collaborates with medical affairs colleagues on compendia landscape assessments and communicates updates with internal stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Independently prepares for and attends medical conferences to provide complete, accurate and timely medical information to healthcare professionals at the conference booth. Serves as conference lead to coordinate Medical Information activities.
- Participates in and/or assumes the lead on key projects for the Global Medical Information Department and coordinates with interdisciplinary partners as required in order to achieve organizational goals. Drives initiatives aimed at continuous improvement in Medical Information processes and responses.
- Participates in mentoring, coaching and training of new and existing colleagues. Serves as a role-model for Medical Information Managers and provides them with strategic and technical/functional guidance.
- Promotes and ensures the sharing of best practices across the Medical Information therapeutic teams.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Conducts business in accordance with Celgene Values.
- Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and work instructions.
- Identifies, obtains pertinent data, and accurately processes any reported adverse events (AEs) and product quality complaints (PQCs) to Drug Safety and Quality Assurance Complaint department, respectively, in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Conducts/assists in the overall training of new Medical Information personnel and students in graduate experiential programs to ensure key activities are incorporated as part of the training.
- Dedicated to continuous learning to broaden therapeutic area knowledge and pharmaceutical industry acumen.
- Participates in coverage for MI inquiry management after business hours, as needed.
- Pharm.D. or Ph.D. in a pharmaceutical science preferred
- RPh or RN with previous pharmaceutical industry-based Drug Information experience considered
- 3-5 years of Drug Information, or related Clinical Pharmacy Practice/Managed Care experience
- Pharmaceutical Industry Experience Required
- Relevant therapeutic background desired
- Promotional review experience preferred
- Must be a strong team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
- Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to changing needs and competing demands.
- Must Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize projects effectively.
- Solutions oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS office applications.
- Some travel required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings.
- Self-motivated with exceptional follow through.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Find a Job Find Candidates