Sr Manager, Global HEOR - United States
|External Posting Title||Sr Manager, Global HEOR|
|Job Description||The Senior Manager of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) is a member of the BIIB Value and Access team (V&A) team. He/she develops HEOR strategies and generates data to support reimbursement and market access for BIIB products on behalf of V&A. He/she is expected to partner cross-functionally with R&D, Government Affairs, Business Development, Pricing & Reimbursement Strategy, Regions, and Market Access Affiliates.|
Key responsibilities include:
1) Work with Specialty TA to develop HEOR strategy and the overall market access strategies;
2) Conduct research projects to generate HEOR data to support new products, development products, launch products, and post-marketed products;
3) Develop deep understanding of disease area, knowledge of the global evidence requirements, HEOR policy and technical advancements;
4) Work jointly with R&D CDTs to integrate payer needs and strategies into Clinical Development Plan, to design clinical trials, to select endpoints, and/or to develop endpoints/Patient-Reported Outcomes;
5) Work jointly with R&D SMTs to effectively manage HEOR aspects of clinical trials;
6) Supports the implementation of global HEOR advisory boards for a BIIB product/TA;
7) Develops the global value dossier (GVD), economic models and HEOR tools for a BIIB product;
8) Support the development and delivery high quality and relevant market access tools for Regional EU+ and EMK, Market Access Affiliates;
9) Support the publication and communication of HEOR data for a BIIB product/TA.
10) Support communication and training of Regional EU+ and EMK, Market Access Affiliates on HEOR related data, tools, models;
11) Support Regional EU+ and EMK, Market Access Affiliates HTA/dossier on submission needs and model adaptations;
12) Support product launch readiness activities with the Regional EU+ and EMK, Market Access Affiliates;
13) Input into HEOR long range TA strategies and roadmap planning for global, Regional EU+ and EMK, Market Access Affiliates;
14) Track HEOR project budgets and timelines;
15) Interact effectively with HEOR thought leaders and researchers in the course of conducting HEOR projects;
16) Ensure compliance with law requirements.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Market Access|
• Sound HEOR technical skills.
• Understanding of payer environment, both US and globally, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing, value drivers, formulary management, health technologies assessment, and health policy.
• Understanding of pharmaceutical product development and/or commercialization.
• Good project management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication to effectively convey strategic and technical market access information/issues to key stakeholders.
• Demonstrated capacity for relationship building, collaboration, teamwork across functions.
• Sense of urgency and delivery orientation
|Education||Master and/or doctorate in related HEOR discipline and2+ years of relevant experience. Bachelor degree and 4+ years relevant/industry experience|
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Business Development, Scientific, Science, Management, Sales, Research, Engineering