Sr. Manager, Customer & Market Insights, SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Manager/Sr. Manager of Global Market Research is expected to manage all aspects of global market insight programs programs in support of company's launched and pipeline Spinal Muscular Atrophy products.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Project leadership - leading team in defining the problems, generating hypotheses, shaping the analyses, and generating and synthesizing insights for the brand/commercial team.
- Competitive Intelligence: Delivering “steady state” CI deliverables including monthly monitoring, quarterly earnings reports, conference insights and pipelines updates. Delivering other Competitive Intelligence programs in alignment with budget and annual plan
- Performance Narrative: Leading and coordinating quarterly Global Performance Reviews across EU, US, and Global teams for assigned Therapeutic areas, integrating regional and global perspectives on global brand health; integrating and pulling through all sources of available information and collaborating with Regional CMI team leads to deliver an integrated, global narrative.
- Expert Insight Generation: Leading the generation of insights supporting Global brand / franchise strategy in collaboration with the brand lead, brand team, and (as appropriate) extended 3M, EU, and US stakeholders
- Maintaining financial diligence in project scoping, management and budgeting; communicating with Therapeutic Area Team Lead on budget updates aligned with team priorities and Fs.
- Global/Regional Alignment: Executes key process to align the US, Global and EU Customer & Market Insight teams on overall priorities, integration of efforts on key projects, and communication and pull through of implications.
- Forecast Coordination: Executes primary market research and insight generation to provide support and guidance to Global Forecasting efforts, and designing appropriate global studies as necessary to provide inputs into forecast.
- Brand Planning: Deep engagement with assigned Franchise and Brand leadership to define the key priorities and deliverables that support the annual brand plan, including the Global Therapeutic Area Market Outlook and Situation Assessments.
- Responsible for all Customer Insights support surrounding brand planning process.
- Superb collaboration skills and ability to influence without authority
- Strategic and Analytical Mindset: Superb problem solving/framing abilities
- Communications: Create simplicity from complexity, expert narrative development/storytelling
- Strong collaboration & integration mindset
- Managerial courage, ability to challenge and persuade
- 3-5 years market research or analytical experience within a pharmaceutical company, market research vendor, or consulting firm supporting the pharmaceutical industry.
- Rare disease experience highly preferred
- Market Research, Competitive Intelligence and/or consulting vendor experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skill set.
- Strong project management skills, focused on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong understanding of marketing and market research and competitive intelligence principles.
- Excellent strategic thinking capabilities and equally excellent tactical execution skills.
- Driven, highly self-motivated, confident, high-energy, bright and creative individual with desire and ability to own a high profile part of the business.
- Exceptional team player, with the ability to develop and apply individual market research expertise in service of Brand Aligned Insight team objectives.
- Strong computer aptitude and ability to learn systems quickly.
- Travel is expected in this role, and can be up to 30% depending upon the mix and timing for market research projects.
- B.S. in business, the life sciences, pharmacy, or chemistry (advanced biology, medicine-related degree preferred).
- MBA from a well-respected institution desired.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Consulting, Pharmaceutical, Manager, Science, Technology, Management, Research