Sr. Manager, Competitive Intelligence - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Work on a variety of corporate and product strategy projects. Examples of these projects include portfolio strategy meetings; annual board of directors’ strategy meeting; R&D strategy/portfolio; product long-term planning; analysis of alternative indications/scenarios for pipeline products; and in-licensed product diligence and integration.
Provide and direct global CI deliverables for development stage programs, Research projects and Business Development opportunities. Examples include competitive landscape assessments; ongoing monitoring and conference coverage; incorporation of insights to ensure competitive strategic plans for the programs
- Assist with preparations for annual board of directors’ strategy meeting, as well as semi-annual portfolio review/budget meetings.
- Provide assistance to product core team leaders as they develop long term plans
- Work with a variety of departments including finance, commercial, clinical, regulatory and business development to carry out qualitative and quantitative analyses
- As needed, work with functional management on internal strategy projects.
- Assist in scientific and market assessments to support Lifecycle Management work
- Drive competitive analysis/intelligence for development stage programs
- Lead and coordinate competitive intelligence activities across the company
- Refine and enhance the competitive intelligence functionality and processes
- 7-9 years experience in the life sciences industry (biotech/pharma)
- 3-5 years of experience in competitive intelligence
- Expertise in corporate, product and/or portfolio strategy or consulting/investment banking experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the sciences/engineering such as: Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering
- Advanced degree (MBA, PhD) preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.