Sr.Manager Business Development RMS - United States
Charles River (company)
Collaborate with management to identify new business opportunities and develop/implement practices and policies to ensure effective operations to support those new opportunities. Partner with the GEMS/RADS client relations team, Isolator Operations and Laboratory Services to assess new business then review, evaluate and recommend operational efficiencies. Develop strategies to capture and retain new business. Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage client requirements and lead troubleshooting efforts for issue resolution.
- Perform customer visits in order to recommend and implement techniques to capture new business
- Work to improve communication, employee/customer relations, project productivity, increase efficiencies, and reduce costs.
- Travel to meet with customers to develop a comprehensive understanding of their business needs and offer service solutions to meet those needs while also communicating GEMS/RADS efficiencies that relate to the customer needs
- Coordinate communication and knowledge-sharing between internal and external customers within GEMS/RADS.
- Participate in sponsor communications, telephone conferences, sponsor face-to-face meetings, and provide meeting minutes as appropriate and conduct follow-up activities as required.
- Inform customers of new scientific areas, CR initiatives or any changes that improve the business or client relationship.
- Assist Sales/Client Services/Project Management staff in addressing client questions or requirements
- Interface with Laboratory Services and GEMS senior management to help identify gaps in achieving business goals based on scientific/technical literature.
- Coordinate improvement projects and build effective teams to ensure project success.
- Monitor and report KPIs as required. Utilize performance data to identify and implement process improvements.
- Partner with management to develop and implement technical and administrative policies and procedures that support new business opportunities.
- Assist in the development, testing, updating of SOPs.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Provide leadership and motivation to personnel.
- Act as a team or project leader in support of departmental goals.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in life sciences or related discipline.
- Experience: Six to eight years related experience in pharmaceutical or CRO industry including study conduct, data handling, product management, program and resource management, team coordination or training
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Proven customer relationship/management skills. Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills. Effective communication and supervisory skills. Strong organizational and problem solving skills and the proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet