This job is currently Archived,
Sr Manager, Business Development and External Innovation - United States
Posted on : 28 May 2017
- The Senior Manager/Associate Director position within Business Development and External Innovation is a high-impact, high-visibility, hands-on role with responsibility for critically evaluating the scientific and technical landscapes surrounding select therapeutic areas, disease indications and emerging biomedical technologies across the biopharmaceutical value chain.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders across the company , the successful candidate will proactively search for and scientifically/technically evaluate external growth opportunities, provide unique and differentiated value-adding insights, and develop and articulate investment proposals to senior R&D leadership.
Specifically, the Senior Manager/Associate Director will:
- Serve as a scientific ‘source of truth’ by proactively searching out and providing expert scientific and technical assessment of therapeutic opportunities and promising science and technologies across the preclinical and clinical spectrum, bringing together the disparate data from research, clinical, regulatory, and commercial perspectives.
- Evaluate emerging business development opportunities by working in close partnership with key research, clinical and commercial colleagues across the company with a primary focus on the scientific and technical merit to advance (or exclude) opportunities for further diligence.
- Lead cross-functional diligence teams to deliver distilled, differentiated viewpoints, identify key outstanding questions and articulate rationalized ‘next steps’ toward identifying and developing investment proposals to present to senior leadership.
- Establish key networks, both internally and externally, to proactively survey the emerging scientific and technological competitive landscape in therapeutic/disease areas that are (or might become) of strategic interest to the company, with a strong focus on near clinical (pre-IND) or early/mid clinical development programs.
- To accomplish these goals, the Senior Manager/Associate Director will need to demonstrate an ability to rapidly understand, distill and clearly communicate complicated, and often limited, information.
- S/he is expected to truly understand the scientific, technical and competitive landscape(s), develop scenarios and rationales, and make thoughtful recommendations that will enable key senior stakeholders to position our company optimally to perform and compete in rapidly changing and developing environments.
- For this unique opportunity, we are looking for individuals who are curious, thoughtful and driven to intelligently apply their scientific training to better understand the strategic drivers in the biomedical industry in a fast-paced, excellence-driven and diverse working environment
- Candidates are required to problem-solve, think on their feet and deliver results in a timely manner and at the highest levels of excellence.
- We mandate a strong scientific background, analytical mindset and outstanding communication skills, and will provide training in all other aspects of this position.
- Applicants will need to be results-oriented and work well both independently and in a team.
- Strong project management and process facilitation skills are required.
- This opportunity is targeted at scientists seeking to remain engaged in the field while leveraging the breadth of their experiences, yet with the flexibility of a business development/consulting role.
MD and/or PhD in life sciences or related field (e.g. neuroscience), with 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
Job Segment: Biotech, Business Development, Consulting, Manager, Science, Sales, Technology, Management