Sr Manager, Business Controller Bogotá Colombia,
The Finance & Business Controller Manager – Colombia, will function with dual country responsibilities as the Financial Leader, providing sound guidance to Colombia Country Managers, as well as to the Latin America Finance Lead. The role will be key in the regional accounting and finance organization. We are seeking for an individual with a solid record of contributions leading to improved financial performance, heightened productivity, strong collaboration skills, deep understanding of local statutory requirements and enhanced internal controls.
This role will require interactions throughout the Alexion organization including the Country Managers of Colombia, Country RAM’s and Case Managers, the Regional VP Latin America, the Regional Finance Controller Latin America, and appropriate Accounting and FP&A managers in the Global Headquarters. The role will also be the primary contact for current outsourced bookkeeping and financial information service providers in the Country.
The Finance Manager will be reporting to the LATAM Finance Director. This position is responsible for controlling and accounting activities related to Alexion Colombia in cooperation with Financial Shared Service center, local Outsourcing company for all Financial activities, including RTR (Record to Report) and PTP (Procurement to Pay), as well as the relationship with different Financial areas in the headquarter (Controllership, Tax, Internal Audit, Accounting and FP&A).
- Prepare and manage month, quarter and year end close activities from an accounting perspective;
- Prepare and Sign the annual local financial statements;
- Review Open Purchase Orders and manage the monthly accrual process;
- Monitor invoicing and payments;
- Ensure purchasing process is in line with Alexion policy – including PRF timeliness and vendor creations;
- Develop, manage and update KPIs related to the key tasks above and produce regular reports for local team review;
- Ensure onboarding training to new employees and coaching/guidance to Alexion Bogota employees for those areas where their support is needed;
- Relationship and Support to Outsourcing company for RTR, PTP (Genpact) PTP and Tax (Deloitte);
- Support to internal and external auditors;
- Alignment with FP&A team;
- Proactively drive compliance in T&E when identifying non-compliant employees and providing training and escalation to management as appropriate;
- Identify, escalate and help research complex accounting and finance issues.
- Participate in several meetings with Corporate team to discuss finance issues/needs;
- Relationship with Local Bank to assist the employees with new bank account and corporate credit cards;
- Partner with the IT function at the local and corporate levels to drive technology implementations and capture business/local requirements;
- Partner with business leaders and provide guidance, work with all functional areas to understand and meet their controllership needs;
- This position will have a broad range of responsibilities, including oversight of financial planning, financial operations, accounting, treasury, procurement and taxation. The key responsibilities for this individual will be in the following areas – 1) Financial Planning and Business Control, 2) Financial Operations and Accounting Support and 3) Taxation.
- Self-motivated, analytical and able to make well-reasoned and timely decisions
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in public or corporate accounting
- Knowledge and understanding of Colombian and USGAAP
- Full Cycle Financial Close Experience Required
- Experience in SAP ERP system or similar systems like Oracle
- Experience with Concur T&E system preferred
- Advanced level with Microsoft Office Products required
- Experience working in biotech or pharma industry very desirable
- Advanced English
- Some international travel may be required, less than 5% expected
- Deep understanding of Local Statutory requirements.
- Strong financial analysis and organizational skills.
- Leadership towards identifying internal & external risks – scenario management
- Ethics and Value-Driven
- Multi-lingual skills required – Verbal and written proficiency in English & Spanish,
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work other members of the finance team (In presence and/or Virtually) and across the organization
- Adaptability and Flexibility towards changing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Finance
BE Alexion Competencies:
- learning and self- development;
- ensures accountability;
- cultivates innovation;
- being resilient;
- decision quality;
- drives results;
- strategic mindset;
- manages ambiguity and complexity;
- optimizes work processes;
Find a Job Find Candidates