BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Facilities Maintenance Mechanic is accountable for performing Preventive Maintenance and repair work orders in the manufacturing facility. The position requires strong mechanical knowledge and troubleshooting skills on utility and process systems involved in making drug product. The individual will work closely with manufacturing technicians and supervisors to provide excellent customer when repairs are required within the manufacturing suites. The Sr. Mechanic must exhibit a strong sense of cross-functional teamwork and collaboration and have a strong skill set to communicate effectively with management. The Mechanic will also be an active member of the BioMarin Emergency Response Team (BERT).
- Execute PM and general work orders, i.e., hands on position (approximately 80%). Ensure all assigned PM’s and WO’s are completed in a timely manner.
- Work in a clean room environment. Perform preventive maintenance and repair orders on process equipment.
- Identify mechanical malfunctions and implement complex corrective actions.
- Perform PM's on Manufacturing Process equipment as well as corrective work orders.
- Ensure planned inspections of facilities equipment and services are performed. Take actions as needed.
- When required, complete Shift Pass Down Form to assure adequate review of alarms or other operating conditions or instructions for incoming shift.
- Lead Mechanics on various projects including plumbing, electrical, and mechanical.
- Red line or write Standard Operating Procedures when required.
- Perform troubleshooting, evaluation, and repair of complex equipment and process control systems.
- Assist in completion of Quality Assurance Change Requests.
- Help coordinate department activities with the Facilities Planner as necessary for manufacturing process equipment maintenance.
- Coordinate with outside contractors as necessary. Assure contractor compliance with EH&S requirements (waste disposal, hot work permits, confined space, LOTO, etc., Contractor Technical Certifications program CTC, and Utility Training Certification Program UTC).
- Maintain detailed and accurate records as necessary in order to maintain GMP and department procedure compliance.
- Provide validation execution assistance.
- Lead Mechanics and Senior Mechanics in start-up of new mechanical systems.
- Train other mechanics for mechanical repair and maintenance.
- Participate in teams and upkeep of data elements for the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Participate on the BioMarin Emergency Response Team (BERT).
- Other projects/tasks as assigned by supervisor or management.
4+ years of experience in a Biotech cGMP maintenance environment or Journeyman level in a trade relevant to the position.
Proficient in MS office
Proficient written and verbal communication at all levels is required.
- Experience in the following systems desired:
- Water systems
- City water supply
- RO / DI Purified water generation and distribution
- WFI generation and distribution
- Plant steam boilers
- Pure steam generators
- Compressed gases
- Waste water treatment systems
- Experience working with process skids such as:
- Chromatography Skids
- UF/DF Skids
- TFF Skids
- Water systems
High school diploma is required
College degree or Trade school.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.