Sr HVAC Technician (Day Shift) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Sr HVAC Technician (Day Shift)|
|Job Description||The Senior HVAC mechanic provides maintenance support and coordinates vendor work to all reciprocating, chillers, AHU’s, cold rooms, exhaust fans, clean rooms, pumps, rooftop systems, cooling towers, steam converters, boilers, water treatment, and building automation system (BAS) controls. Supports HEPA, fume hood and laminar flow hood certifications. |
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
• Investigates process and/or equipment failures and implements corrective actions.
• Evaluates and provides recommendations for PM and spare parts requirements for new HVAC equipment
• Assesses the need for improvement or process modifications for inefficient equipment and systems.
• Follows standard operating procedures (SOP).
• Supports start-up, commissioning and turnover of new systems.
• Maintains all HEPA’s and hoods in a certified condition and schedules work on units in manufacturing and labs with minimal interruption.
• Works with support contractors in the performance of corrective and preventative maintenance.
• Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on AHU’s, cold rooms, exhaust fans, clean rooms, pumps, roof-top systems, cooling towers, chilled water, hot water, boilers, steam converters, vacuum system, compressed air system, gas systems, water treatment and BAS controls.
• Monitors and responds to any alarms.
• Performs corrective work order maintenance repairs.
• Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
• Assists in troubleshooting mechanical problems.
• Works with outside contractors to repair equipment.
• Attends training of other departments.
• Supports training of other departments.
• Participates in department meetings.
• Performs small projects as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Ensure contractor compliance with EHS policies and procedures, including Hot Work and Lock Out Tag Out.
• Responsible for on-call rotation to maintain 24 hour coverage of facility.
• Secondary support for Cogen Facility.
• Assists in continual maintenance of common areas and general facility space.
• Animal Facilities
• Research and Development
• External Utility Suppliers
• Environmental Health and Safety
• Core Functions (Global Ops, IT, Legal, etc.)
• Corporate Services (Corp Comm, Executives, Finance, etc.)
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Facilities & Infrastructure Services|
• Minimum of five to ten years prior industry experience
• Practical knowledge of GMP’s in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of an automated building management system.
• Refrigeration License
• Refrigerant recovery and recycling license
Additional training required for this position (when on board):
• All required GMP for Manufacturing and Materials Management areas
• CMMS System
|Education||Minimum education required for this position: High school diploma|
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Technician, HVAC, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Science, Technology, Operations, Engineering