This job is currently Archived,
Sr. Financial Analyst, Inventory Accounting - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 08 May 2017
Responsible for complex activities associated with maintaining general ledger accounts and the development of financial information and reports in accordance with accounting policies and procedures related to inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide inventory accounting activities support for assigned business units.
- Initiate and record inventory accounting transactions and standardize journal entries for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform inventory reconciliation for inventory accounts and business, including supply inventory.
- Review labor and cost overhead variances.
- Perform inventory adjustments, reserve calculations, and prepare journal entries as required.
- Prepare lower of cost or market, obsolescence and scrap calculations.
- Determine standard inventory cost for each business unit, and perform review of standard cost assumptions and variances, as required.
- Perform monthly intercompany profit elimination for inventory sales between business units.
- Review site physical inventory count process, procedures and training.
- Assist with the physical inventory counts and prepare site inventory reports.
- Review site inventory reports, analyze variances, and prepare inventory adjustments as necessary.
- Prepare and update inventory key performance indicators reports, as required.
- Monitor the inventory account balances, identify and resolve variances, or escalate in a timely manner, as required.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) in Finance/Accounting.
- Five to Seven years’ experience working in inventory accounting positions.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Word, Excel and Access) and hands on experience with ERP systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage workload and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Solid critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Prior knowledge of SAP and Salesforce preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet