Sr. Financial Analyst, Inventory Accounting - United States
- Provide inventory accounting activities support for assigned business units.
- Initiate and record inventory accounting transactions and standardize journal entries for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform inventory reconciliation for inventory accounts and business, including supply inventory.
- Review labor and cost overhead variances.
- Perform inventory adjustments, reserve calculations, and prepare journal entries as required.
- Prepare lower of cost or market, obsolescence and scrap calculations.
- Determine standard inventory cost for each business unit, and perform review of standard cost assumptions and variances, as required.
- Perform monthly intercompany profit elimination for inventory sales between business units.
- Review site physical inventory count process, procedures and training.
- Assist with the physical inventory counts and prepare site inventory reports.
- Review site inventory reports, analyze variances, and prepare inventory adjustments as necessary.
- Prepare and update inventory key performance indicators reports, as required.
- Monitor the inventory account balances, identify and resolve variances, or escalate in a timely manner, as required.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Five to Seven years’ experience working in inventory accounting positions.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Word, Excel and Access) and hands on experience with ERP systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage workload and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Solid critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Prior knowledge of SAP and Salesforce preferred.