This job is currently Archived,
Sr Financial Analyst FP&A - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 18 May 2017
- The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst will be part of the Corporate FP&A team.
- The role will be an integral part of the global FP&A team to provide consolidated operational reporting and financial support to Senior Management, and support colleagues with coordination of forecasting/budgeting processes, internal management reporting and financial system support.
- In this role, the Corporate FP&A Analyst will perform a range of functions including, cost center forecasting and budgeting, consolidation of financial information, coordination of budget and forecast processes, variance analysis, business performance analytics, financial report development, and system validation.
- The work will require close collaboration with a number of groups, including Information Technology, Commercial Operations, Accounting, and Long Range Planning.
- An ideal candidate possesses experience with reporting and analysis, outstanding analytical abilities, strong technical spreadsheet/PowerPoint skills, embraces change, and is familiar with financial software packages (particularly SAP).
- We expect this individual will to work with a global team to consolidate, provide analysis, and participate in cross functional projects.
- As such, we are seeking a seasoned professional with 2-4 years of experience working in dynamic and challenging environments, strong interpersonal skills, an exceptional attitude and work ethic and a high degree of personal accountability.
- Perform timely and accurate forecasting and budgeting for cost center managers and senior management
- Identify and drive technical and process improvements for reporting on local and global levels
- Coordinate with operations groups to verify full P&L accuracy
- Point of contact for global colleagues for SAP Budgeting, Planning and Consolidation system for report creation and execution
- Meet regularly with accounting colleagues to ensure accuracy for accruals and alignment actual/forecast process and accounting
- Work with IT business partners to automate financial analyses, and supervise model migrations from Excel to SAP financial software
- Participate in cross functional projects and support ad hoc analysis and reporting as necessary
- 2-4 years experience in corporate finance, investment banking, accounting, consulting or related role
- Strong Finance competencies
- Expert computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Advanced interpersonal skills with ability to work with others as well as independently
- Ability to deliver reports and presentations to senior management
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Fluency in English both written and oral
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions and different cultures
- Experience using SAP BPC a plus
- Experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry viewed favorably
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Mathematics
- Demonstrable accountability through high GPA and extra-curricular participation
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas