Sr Engineer I, Database Management and Configuration (Infor EAM) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Sr Engineer I, Database Management and Configuration (Infor EAM)|
|Job Description||Biogen is searching for an asset analytics specialist with a deep understanding of Infor EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) database management and configuration. This exciting role will work with management, business users and consultants to add or enhance functionality in the Infor EAM system and develop reports to meet user needs. |
Configurations and report creation will be based on business/functional requirements, design specifications, application testing programs and software updates as needed. Oversight of the department’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and any instrumentation specific software applications. Support laboratory instrumentation software/hardware upgrades including design, development, project management and implementation.
Develop department best practices, identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives, disaster recovery contingencies, drive solutions for software/hardware problems, and support systems troubleshooting. We are looking for a Boston-based Data Analytics leader to drive the development, execution, monitoring, and evaluation of our analytics strategy for asset lifecycle.
Collaborates with multiple business units and stakeholders across numerous sites, providing thought leadership and driving day-to-day implementation of our analytics strategy.
Gather business requirements to conceptualize, design and project manage delivery of interactive data visualization.
Advance analytics maturity within the facilities organization by counseling stakeholders on how to extract value from data and make data-driven decisions to improve maintenance activities.
Find innovative ways to search for meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships amongst large amounts of data and to identify the success measures, analyses and reporting processes that lead to actionable findings.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Facilities & Infrastructure Services|
• Experience with configuring Infor EAM 11.x
• Experience in developing and implementing FlexSQL to achieve business needs
• Proficiency in extending Infor EAM through business processes
• Proficiency in configuration of Infor EAM database for one off reports
• Proficiency in Cognos BI 10.x report writing in conjunction with Infor EAM
• Proficiency in writing ad hoc Oracle SQL queries to achieve business needs
• Possesses advanced analytics skills
• High level of proficiency with Excel and data manipulation, ideally including VBA
• Well-versed with different statistical models
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead in house team to strategize and build a library of reports, KPI’s, dashboards, scorecards & strategy maps based on the industry best practices
• Department’s CMMS administrator role, performing system accounts access changes, configuration and/or workflow changes needed to support the department (e.g.: Grid Designer, SQL), and authoring reports/KPI’s (i.e.: Crystal Reports & COGNOS)
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
Below are decisions made and problems addressed during the normal course of performing the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Supports and maintains the asset analytics and database reporting and special functions. Work with management to design reports, queries, and metrics from the CMMS system incorporating other electronic systems as needed.
• Reviews existing facilities department software processes on a regular basis and develops or executes corrective, preventive, and improvement actions.
• Reviews and analyzes maintenance data and provides recommendations for improvement.
• Analyzes Maintenance and Instrumentation & Control Department’s EAM issues in the field and recommends appropriate solutions.
• Provides sound recommendations for facilities and Instrumentation & Controls strategy for projects of all sizes.
• HS/GED Degree with 6 years of related industry experience, Associates Applied Science Degree (AAS) with 4 years related Industry experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree (BS) with 2 years related Industry experience.
• Candidate must be able to work independently on complex configurations
• Candidate must have minimum 3 to 5 years hands on working experience in CMMS databases.
Unique Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to travel up to 10% (Cross site initiatives, Seminars, Conferences, etc.).
• CMMS operation and database understanding to include report writing and metric development.
• Previous manufacturing and lab experience preferred or other process industry experience with development of metrics and database management and design
• Experience with enterprise/IT systems.
• Working knowledge of equipment associated with the biotech/pharma industry.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office Business Suite.
• Understand the basics behind Visual basic and SQL code.
|About Biogen||Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia. |
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Database, Biotech, Manager, Oracle, Manufacturing Engineer, Technology, Science, Management, Engineering