Would you like to be part of a dynamic organization who enable health care professionals to improve the lives of their patients in ophthalmology, microsurgery and other medical growth sectors?
The Senior Electronic Design Engineer will work in a medical device research and development environment assisting in the electronics development of new products. Specifically, the design and development of various electronic, electro-mechanical and elector-optical systems. Will work cross-functionally with development groups.
Sr. Electronics Engineer
- Manage medium to low-complex electronic projects. Direct project activities, prepare schedules, coordinate project with Marketing, R&D, Purchasing, documentation and Manufacturing.
- Determine electronic architecture for medium complex systems.
- Design of medium to complex electronic circuits and systems to meet product specifications.
- Integration of electronics into other aspects of products including software, mechanics and user interface.
- Analyze, select and advise on electronic components and equipment.
- Supervise construction of prototype and pilot run articles.
- Review and evaluate electronic vendors for availability and performance.
- Participate in project “release” to manufacturing.
- Participate in EE design review of medium to complex systems and circuits.
- Document electronics including generating schematics, assembly drawings, procedures, timing diagrams and operational descriptions.
- Anticipate and resolve difficulties in all phases of project activate relating to electronics.
- Perform electronic experimental test and evaluations.
- BSEE or equivalent and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant electronic design experience in integration of electronics into electrical mechanical systems; microprocessor system architecture; transistor circuit theory; TTL, MSI and LSI device operation; and printed circuit board layout and design incorporating S.M.T.
- Experience designing with PLDs, FPGA and experience with electrical schematic capture software.
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page.
We are an EEO/AAA/Veterans/Disabled employer