Sr Director, Value and Access Innovation - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Sr Director, Value and Access Innovation|
|Job Description||The Value & Access (V&A) Innovation Senior Director will lead the advancement of V&A through innovative research strategies and methodologies. The Senior Director will lead a team of diverse specialists with accountability for V&A within Biogen. This position reports directly into the Head of V&A and is a member of the V&A management team.|
• Design and pilot innovative pricing reimbursement strategies (e.g., tendering, pay for performance, etc.) and sophisticated contracting/payment models to be adopted by the organization.
• Develop cutting edge technology and research solutions that can be employed by the Therapy Areas (TAs) and other V&A related functional areas to deliver competitive and relevant value and access evidence.
• Identify/develop relevant external Real-World Data sources and analytics platforms that can be leveraged for value and access evidence generation.
• Foster and invest in value and access collaborations with local academic centers/institutions and scientific/policy leaders on pricing, access or HEOR-related matters.
• Work closely with each value and access TA lead to develop a comprehensive and feasible innovation strategy / roadmap in line with the TA strategy.
• Develop collaborative research projects with R&D and Commercial partners that inform alternative reimbursement methods.
• Accountable for the dissemination of leading value and access related methodologies across the various V&A related functions and key stakeholders.
• Drive high standards for individual and team accomplishment, develop talent.
• Effectively manage annual budget and resource allocation process.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Market Access|
• 7- 10 years of relevant industry experience in pipeline and marketed products.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in HEOR, reimbursement, pricing, real world evidence (RWE), access and/or other Value & Access related fields.
• Solid knowledge of HEOR methodology and global pricing and reimbursement requirements.
•Solid experience in creating innovative solutions to pricing, reimbursement and access challenges.
•.Ability to think strategically, innovatively and make sound pricing and market access recommendations.
•.Demonstrated understanding and experience in pharmaceutical product development and/or commercialization.
• Demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of the US and Ex-US health care systems and financing mechanisms.
• Aspirational mindset to go beyond the obvious and demonstrate intellectual curiosity to unlock innovative value and access potential.
• Ability to excel in cross-functional teams and to know how to successfully navigate through complex matrix environments and get things done.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively write and deliver presentations to professionals at all levels within Biogen.
•Prior experience of people management.
• PhD, MD, PharmD, MS, MPH, or MBA in related discipline
|About Biogen||Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. |
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Product Development, Science, Management, Research