Sr. Director, Search and Evaluation (External Innovation) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Sr. Director, Search and Evaluation (External Innovation)|
|Job Description||The Sr. Director, Search & Evaluation position within Business Development and External Innovation is a high-impact, high-visibility, hands-on role with responsibility for critically evaluating the scientific and technical landscapes surrounding select therapeutic areas, disease indications and emerging biomedical technologies across the biopharmaceutical value chain. In collaboration with key stakeholders across Biogen, the successful candidate will proactively search for and scientifically/technically evaluate external growth opportunities, provide unique and differentiated value-adding insights, and develop and articulate investment proposals to senior R&D leadership. |
Specifically, the Sr. Director, Search & Evaluation will:
• Serve as a scientific ‘source of truth’ by proactively searching out and providing expert scientific and technical assessment of therapeutic opportunities and promising science and technologies across the preclinical and clinical spectrum, bringing together the disparate data from research, clinical, regulatory, and commercial perspectives.
• Evaluate emerging business development opportunities by working in close partnership with key research, clinical and commercial colleagues across Biogen with a primary focus on the scientific and technical merit to advance (or exclude) opportunities for further diligence.
• Lead cross-functional diligence teams to deliver distilled, differentiated viewpoints, identify key outstanding questions and articulate rationalized ‘next steps’ toward identifying and developing investment proposals to present to senior leadership.
• Establish key networks, both internally and externally, to proactively survey the emerging scientific and technological competitive landscape in therapeutic/disease areas that are (or might become) of strategic interest to Biogen, with a strong focus on near clinical (pre-IND) or early/mid clinical development programs.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Qualifications||For this unique opportunity, we are looking for individuals who are curious, thoughtful and driven to intelligently apply their scientific training to better understand the strategic drivers in the biomedical industry in a fast-paced, excellence-driven and diverse working environment. |
• Candidates are required to problem-solve, think on their feet and deliver results in a timely manner and at the highest levels of excellence.
• We mandate a strong scientific background, analytical mindset and outstanding communication skills, and will provide training in all other aspects of this position.
• Experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery research is preferred.
• Applicants will need to be results-oriented and work well both independently and in a team.
• Strong project management and process facilitation skills are required.
|Education||Phd or MBA preferred|
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission:
making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Business Development, Scientific, Science, Management, Sales, Research, Engineering