This job is currently Archived,
Sr Director Human Resources, Medication Procedural Solutions (MPS) - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Reporting to the VP-HR, MPS, Sr. Director - HR is the lead HR executive responsible for the support of the business platforms.
- This is a critical role for the MPS organization and the incumbent will work closely with the three Business VP/GMs and the 12 platform leaders to deliver the business HR strategy aligned to the business strategy.
- He/She will operate as a trusted strategic adviser to these clients and will partner them in developing people plans and executing strategic initiatives, driving organizational design and development, organization Reporting to the VP-HR, MPS, Sr. Director - HR is the lead HR executive responsible for Strategic HR Partnership to the business platforms.
- This is a critical role for the MPS organization and the incumbent will work closely with Business VP/GMs and the 12 platform leaders to deliver the Business HR Strategy aligned to the Business Strategy. He/She will operate as a trusted strategic adviser to these senior business leaders and will partner them in developing people plans, executing strategic initiatives, driving organizational design and organization effectiveness, strategic workforce planning.
- He/She will drive commercial excellence capability (customer experience) in partnership with regional and functional leaders and HRBPs.
- He/She will be responsible for creating and executing the people and talent strategy consistently across all the global business platforms, and will lead MPS’s commercial talent review.
- He/She will lead a team of HR professionals and orchestrate the integrated delivery of HR support to the business platforms through the COEs, ASCs and corporate HR functions, while ensuring alignment with business needs and strategic objectives.
- Directly partners with ID MMS ($650MM), Flush ($425MM) and HDS ($104MM) with revenues totaling over $1.1Billion, and oversees HR Partners for the rest of the MPS Platforms for a combined revenue totaling of $4.1 reported in the MPS and MMS businesses.
- Drives organization design, organization effectiveness, workforce planning and execution based on business strategy, across all business platforms. Works with business leaders to assess the organization capabilities required to meet strategic objectives, and the capability of the organization to maximize business opportunities. Plans proactively to fill capability gaps through talent acquisition and talent development.
- Partners with business leaders to assess, build and shape an organizational culture in line with BD’s culture themes - fast and nimble, innovative, and engaging & inclusive. Supports leaders in establishing and monitoring appropriate workforce metrics and behaviors and related client strategy imperatives. Coaches and counsel leaders and managers on individual /team development, as well as talent management best practices.
- Develops the credibility and trust required to be a strategic advisor to the VPGMs and Platform Leaders, and provides in the moment coaching and guidance to them and their Leadership Teams on BD values and leadership behavior.
- Leads directly, and through his team, the Commercial Talent Review process for MPS.
- Leads the effort towards creating a robust and diverse talent pipeline for key roles globally, in partnership with Regional leaders and HRBPs.
- Drives commercial excellence capability (customer experience) in partnership with regional and functional leaders and HRBPs.
- Leads the year-end PMP and Compensation planning processes across MPS platforms, links these processes to business imperatives, provides consultation to platform business leaders for timely and rigorous completion of these processes.
- Leads and shapes, directly or through his/her team, the Platform Leadership Teams’ orientation towards HR issues. Influences the team to introduce appropriate programs and initiatives, and engages the LTs towards resolving issues appropriately.
- Advocates and champions the new HR Operating Model, and ensures a seamless client transition as we enable the new model. Contributes to the development and deployment of the HR global design and all other aspects of HR Transformation.
- Contributes to business plan development with an emphasis on proactive Workforce Planning. Creates the HR/Talent Management component of the business plan. Identifies the internal and external resources that are needed to accomplish the Human Resources component, and monitors progress toward its key objectives.
- Analyzes metrics, reports, and data from the Associate Service Center and other sources. Shares relevant information with the business platforms and determines how this information should drive change and continuous improvement.
- Evaluates internal and external HR related tools/options for solving business problems. Provides recommendations to the platforms and is responsible for developing important internal and external relationships.
- Assess HR capabilities of his/her team and identifies developmental opportunities to ensure they have the strategic capabilities to effectively partner with leaders within the assigned client organization. May be required to act as team leader for projects associated with corporate HR initiatives.
- 10-12 years as an HR Generalist (or equivalent in Specialist areas and/or General Management)
- 5 years of Team Leadership experience
- Experience across multiple businesses and regions and/or functions
- Ability to travel up to 30% international and national required
- Multiple site experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, etc)
- MBA / Masters in HR (or equivalent) desirable
- SHRM Senior Professional in HR / other worldwide certification in HR field desirable
- Business Acumen
- Global and Company Mindset
- Effective Strategy Development
- Optimized Execution and Performance
- Inclusive Behaviors
- Effective Talent Development