- The Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will be a strategic thought-partner to the SVP of the US Commercial business and report to the Executive Director (FP&A). The successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with US pharmaceutical experience and will lead in the following areas: financial analysis, business planning, decision support and budgeting.
- The Sr Director, FP&A will play a critical role in partnering with the US Commercial leadership team (USLT) in strategic decision making and financial operations as the company continues to enhance its programs and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization and to expand the Company’s operations internationally.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process for the US business; administer and
- review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and accounting.
- Develop financial and non-financial key performance indicators and the appropriate reporting to assess financial and operational performance across the Company
- Effectively communicate critical financial matters to the SVP and USLT.
- Manage the preparation of all management reports and aligned with global finance teams to ensure timely and accurate consolidations
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions and to support other business development initiatives
- Support business expansion strategies by forecasting and assessing the financial impact of key decisions.
- Help establish and monitor sales organization pay structures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required, MBA and CPA highly desired.
- 12+ years of overall professional experience; ideally 7+ years of broad financial and operations management experience
- Working knowledge of US pharmaceuticals market.
- A track record in public company and SEC reporting
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Commitment to talent development to maximize individual and organization goals.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.