Sr. Director/Exec. Director, IT Infrastructure Operations - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
This is a senior IT leadership position, accountable for IT infrastructure operations globally, across the enterprise and reporting to the global CIO. As the head of IT infrastructure operations, this individual is responsible for the effective and efficient operational support of all third-party and internally managed IT infrastructure used to support all business process across the enterprise. This person ensures that infrastructure strategy is in alignment with the enterprise's IT and business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
- Provides oversight for the operations and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business.
- Fosters a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Drives and develops operational service management processes to ensure quality, efficiency, productivity and agility goals are achieved.
- Participates as a member of the internal Architecture Review Board and may be tasked with leading the Change Advisory Board. Brings changes affecting the IT infrastructure to the appropriate review board and uses appropriate review processes to ensure the suitability for integration with the IT operations environment.
- Working closely with the head of enterprise architecture, develops the infrastructure strategy and road-map, and ensures its integration with the broader IT and enterprise strategic plans.
- Works with business operations teams to ensure good coordination of IT changes without impacting business processes.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Develops and controls the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for IT infrastructure operations and manages expenses to stay on plan.
- Remains current on new technologies and service management practices, and provides input to the IT leadership team.
- Supports the infrastructure operations sourcing strategy, and provides oversight for vendor and partner relationship management.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IT infrastructure operations team.
- Manage special projects and initiatives as needed to position IT towards a scalable, flexible and efficient future state.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 15 or more years in IT with 10 or more years leading IT operations teams
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT operations teams in complex and dynamic environments requiring 24/7 support
- Data center and cloud migration experience is required
- M&A or significant corporate reorganization experience is required
- Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences experience is required
- Experience in a high-growth or other rapidly changing environment is required
- Experience overseeing/managing/leading a global operation is required
- Experience managing and building off-shore teams is preferred
- This individual should have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, demonstrated project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, be an adept leader of people, plus have a service-oriented approach to IT operations.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to communicate a vision that inspires and motivates the IT infrastructure operations team.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent service management planning and execution skills
- Experience in budget planning and financial management.