This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 28 May 2017
- Our company is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Science team in our Digital Health Technology and Data Science organization.
- As a member of the Data Science team, you will be tasked with weaving structured and unstructured data together from across the company to help answer some of our biggest questions.
- You will work directly with different teams across the company on different problems.
- Many times you will be part of a cross function team, which will require deeper understanding of complex problems.
- The background for this position is either a Scientist with a heavy analytics and data science background, or a Computer Scientist / Engineer who has been focused on Analytics and Data Science initiatives.
- You will be exposed to many different types of data and technology.
- This is a great position for someone who wants to be part of the Data Revolution .
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving
- Ability to generate models from complicated data that tell a story
- Hands on experience with Machine Learning
- Strong communication and the ability to clearly convey information both in the group and to external groups
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark and concepts like Map Reduce
- Experience with at least 2 Data Science languages (Python, R, Scala, Java)
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases
- Working Knowledge of at least one NoSQL datastore (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, &).
- Understanding of WebServices as well as JSON and XML formats
- Experience with Spark, PySpark, SparkR or Spark Scala
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Additional Languages: Python, R, Java, Scala, HTML 5, R
- Ability to generate and effectively use Data Visualizations to tell a story
- Experience in Statistical Data Analysis
- Experience with Visualization tools like Tableau or Qlik
- Frameworks: R Shiny, Django
- Experience multiple NoSQL datastores, Including MongoDB, Neo4J, RedShift and Cassandra
- Experience in a Scientific environment
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks, Including TensorFlow and Theano
PHD or Masters in Data Science and 5 years experience OR Bachelors Degree in Computer Science with 10 years experience in Engineering / Analysis / Data Science fields.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Biotech, Developer, Scientist, Technology, Engineering, Science
Cambridge MA US
Find a Job Find Candidates