Sr. Cyber Security Analyst - United States
|External Posting Title||Sr. Cyber Security Analyst|
|Job Description||As a member of the Cyber Security Operations team you will be paramount in solving Biogen’s most complex security challenges, you will be expected to be a senior security Subject Matter Expert.|
• Manage personal project work
• Develop cyber security reports and assist to defined KPI’s & KRI’s
• Triage and lead escalated Security events and incidents
• Escalation point for the security operation center; ensure events are accurate and “strive for zero” by providing strong feedback and assist in event tuning.
• Work independently or among team members to ensure incident procedures address the objectives of the security incident response program.
• Effectively respond to work relating to computer security vulnerabilities, phishing, malware, and forensic investigations
• Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness
• Lead and manage security incidents to ensure timely mitigation and remediation efforts are completed
• Investigate network anomalies and other cyber security events to determine the cause and extent of exposure and overall risk to the environment
• Produce high quality oral and written work, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely with audiences ranging from peers to Sr. Management
• Development and upkeep of standard operating procedures with the insight to know when new ones need to be developed
• Assist on intrusion remediation and strategy development and implementation.
• Recommend effective process changes to enhance defense and response procedures.
As a member of the Cyber Security Operations team you will be paramount in solving Biogen’s most complex security challenges, you will be expected to be a senior security Subject Matter Expert.
• Provide technical expertise and mentoring to peers
• Strong experience with handling malicious code and management of anti-malicious code technologies
• Strong experience with managing email, Internet and anti-virus security controls
• Understand security requirements for ICS (industrial control systems)
• Strong oral and written communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to work with a cross functional team and handle multiple tasks and priorities
|Location||Weston, MA, US|
|Job Category||Information Technology|
• 5+ years of experience in a hands-on security analysis or security engineering role.
• Specific understanding of application and operating system hardening, vulnerability assessments, security auditing, TCP/IP & network fundamentals, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, VPNs, WAFs.
• Solid understanding of hybrid-cloud environments and how they present specific challenges to the security field.
• Expertise with network firewalls, PKI, vulnerability scanners, zero-day/ATP, anti-virus, forensics, email security technologies, forensics software, SIEM, HIDS/NIDS//IPS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, identity and access management, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, security incident response techniques.
• Expertise with threat hunting and threat assement
• Knowledge of NIST 800-53 controls
• Background with ITIL/ITSM processes
• CISSP, CEH, CSSLP or equivalent is a plus
• Works well under pressure and can resolve complex problems
• Excellent communication skills, presenting, listening and informing. Can communicate up, down and across the organization
• Adhere to eCPGI Core Values: Accountability, Integrity, Efficient, Effective, Fulfillment, Respect, Positivity, Commitment to Excellence
• Work with subcontractors and commercial vendors in the selection and evaluation of secure operating systems, cybersecurity applications, networks, hardware, databases, etc.
• Present information in a positive manner to management and customers
• Works in a collaborative fashion, elevates team results over individual results
• Work on multiple simultaneous tasks
• Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to solutions
• Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative
|Education||Bachelor's degree preferred.|
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
One of the pioneers in biotechnology, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 90 countries. Our global headquarters and R&D operations are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with an international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, world-class manufacturing facilities in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA and Hillerod, Denmark, and affiliate locations around the world.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
For nearly two decades Biogen has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world. Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease. We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS. As we uncover new insights into human biology, Biogen is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
Biogen is revolutionizing biologics manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes. This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and biosimilars that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Corporate Security, Cyber Security, Engineer, Science, Security, Engineering