Sr. Clinical Sales Consultant - United States
Medication Management Solution technologies combine proven technology with actionable intelligence to prevent medication errors, help free up caregiver time to focus on patient care, increase the predictability of medication availability, and reduce inefficiencies in the med use process. At almost every point in the med use process, safety, efficiency, and costs can be favorably impacted with BD’s Pyxis® and Alaris® medication management solutions.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Excels in healthcare sales support oriented role
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of hospital based medication management processes, Nursing and Pharmacy practice/workflows, the healthcare industry, and thorough knowledge of BD’s medication management dispensing and infusion solutions.
- Expertly performs complex customer current state assessment, and creates compelling future state business case to meet customer’s strategic objectives/vision.
- Is an experienced communicator and collaborator with stakeholders (internal and external) to drive alignment on recommendations and proposed solutions. Dynamic speaking skills and strong business writing skills required.
- Demonstrates leadership, flexibility, and initiative in meeting internal/external customers’ needs
- Strategically works with sales and customer service organizations to prioritize opportunities
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizes tasks based on organization need and judgment, and handles working independently in remote office situations productively
- Mentors internal staff regarding best demonstrated practices
- Provides clinical support for sales, field implementation and marketing teams that support Pyxis and Alaris solutions,
- Provides sales consultation and work flow analysis of existing processes within the Medication Management System. Identifies current areas of inefficiencies, patient/provider safety concerns, revenue augmentation, cost reduction, regulatory non-compliance, and drug diversion opportunities encompassing all medications, oral solids and IVs. Performs work flow redesign with practice change recommendations and BD solutions to facilitate achievement of best practices and customer strategic goals.
- Collaborates with Customer Service Operations teams to develop strategic roadmaps and implementation program/project plans for recommended sales solutions over time.
- Functions as the voice of the Customer.
- Collaborates and builds synergistic relationships with Sales Account Executive, Product Managers, Product Research and Development teams, Interface Teams, Implementation & Support teams, Customer Advocacy, and Training.
- Provides clinical input for new product development and software enhancements to assure adherence to current healthcare and regulatory standards as well as assure enhanced customer satisfaction
- Encourages customers to submit suggestions and participates in product development teams (when available)
- ·Baccalaureate degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- ·Current licensure as a Registered Pharmacist
- ·10-15 years of experience in an acute care hospital environment
- ·At least 4 years of hospital departmental management/leadership experience required
- ·Experience with medication automated dispensing cabinets preferred
- ·Experience with managing Infusion system with safety software/dose error reduction software preferred
- ·Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- ·Requires excellent critical thinking, problem resolution abilities and strong technical skills.
- ·UP to 75% travel required, including nights and weekends