This job is currently Archived,
Sr Buyer/Planner - United States
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- Advanced Bionics is a global leader in developing the most advanced cochlear implant systems in the world.
- Always focused on innovations that improve quality of life, AB has consistently made the industry’s leading advancements in hearing technology.
- In fact, with six sound coding programs, we offer more ways to hear than any other cochlear implant company.
- Our company is part of the company, the leading provider of hearing healthcare solutions and parent company, the leading hearing instrument brand.
- As an AB employee, you will contribute to advancing biomedical technology worldwide and work on challenging projects with smart, driven, friendly people.
- AB provides thriving work environments around the globe; each fosters creativity, teamwork, global competitiveness, and professional growth.
- Experience the professional and personal fulfillment that comes with making a difference in people’s lives.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Responsible for procuring raw materials, OEM components, capital equipment, tooling, supplies and services, to ensure a 100% customer service level, while effectively managing inventory. They are also responsible to strike an optimal balance between cost, quality, delivery and service in a fast-paced environment. Responsible to understand the commodities they support, to give the organization a competitive advantage and administer contracts as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generates, adjusts and expedites purchase orders based on the MRP (material requirements planning) along with pertinent information being used to run the business. Coordinates with the Production Planners to maintain optimal service levels and determine the proper priorities for material support.
- Tracks and monitors purchase orders, keeping informed of any problems/delays and communicates any impacts/constraints to the Production Planner, manufacturing manager/supervisor or other discipline impacted by the change.
- Generates on-going cost savings and participates on product development teams for sourcing material. Monitors and communicates quality and delivery performance to suppliers. Obtains bids to promote a competitive environment.
- Responsible to resolve supplier related problems. Works closely with suppliers to assure a positive and professional relationship, always establishing and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Maintains awareness of market trends pertaining to their responsibility. Adheres to CGMP and FDA requirements, maintains accurate purchasing master data, AVL, info record, etc. Interfaces with Engineering, Production Planning and Quality to ensure timely throughput and proper prioritization of materials received.
- Manages complex commodities and expense items.
- Formulates purchasing decisions to achieve 100% internal customer service, targeted inventory positions and least total cost material procurement, identifies expired, excess and obsolete materials and dispositions the material appropriately.
- Specialized Knowledge & Skills - They should possess knowledge of specific commodities/supplier base.
- They must have experience in analyzing MRP messages and be comfortable in communicating with various levels of management.
- They should be familiar with price negotiations and possess analytical skills for use in ROI and PPV analysis.
- Should be skilled in use of Microsoft office suite to create and present situation analysis to management.
- Experience - 5-7 years applicable work experience.
- Experience in the medical device manufacturing industry and supply chain management field desirable.
Education & Training
- Bachelors degree or CPM preferred or applicable work experience.
- Advanced Bionics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.