Sr. Brand Manager - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Sr. Brand Manager
With US headquarters in Bedminster, NJ, Kyowa Kirin is a growing specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing prescription medicines that help improve the health and well-being of people through innovative drug developments and state-of-the-art technologies in oncology, nephrology, and immunology. For more information, you can visit us at www.kyowa-kirin.com.
The Senior Brand Manager will be a strong leader responsible for developing and executing successful launch and post-launch brand plans and programs. Targeted market segments include physicians (oncologists and dermatologists in target institutions), Pharmacists, Nurses involved in the treatment of CTCL and ATL, and patients. Must be an enthusiastic team player with the desire to help patients.
Key Responsibilities US Marketed Products:
The US Brand Manager is responsible for leading development and execution against promotional strategy and tactical plans with a focus on key customer targets.
Partner with internal and external teams to ensure strategic alignment across functions and seamless roll out of launch and post-launch marketing activities. This includes print and digital materials as well as programs such as ad boards, patient support programs, and working with Key Account Management, Pricing and Market Access, and sales organization to support effective delivery of speaker programs, congresses, literature management and fulfillment, etc.
- Utilize customer and marketplace insights to identify, develop, and execute business initiatives.
- Maintain productive external relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, Congress leadership (e.g., USCLC, NCCN, ASH, etc.) and patient advocacy groups (CLF).
- Lead and gain approval for marketing strategies and tactics through the internal review processes and ensure all marketing activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Effectively manage the operational brand budget.
- Effectively lead and manage external agencies.
- Collaborate with sales training to develop new training programs and sales meetings that drive execution of brand messaging, including leading POA and NSM marketing efforts.
- Identify Key Performance Indicators and proactively analyze business problems/competitive horizon, identify key issues and then recommend solutions to address.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a plus
- Minimum 5 years pharmaceutical marketing with experience in oncology or orphan disease preferred
- Budget management
- Team player
- Understanding of US pharmaceutical OPDP, legal, regulatory requirements
- Outstanding leadership, team management and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Launch experience a plus
- Sales, managed care and market research experience a plus
- Ability to lift, carry and otherwise move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for various lengths of time throughout the day
- Approximately 25% overnight travel
Key Competencies specific to the role
- Team player able to work collaboratively with the following business functions to successfully lead HCP marketing initiatives:sales, sales training, regulatory, legal, medical, market research.
- Must exhibit leadership skills, ability to perform in fast paced environments and ability to influence without authority
- Self-starter who functions well independently or within a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills required