Sr. Brand Manager - Market Development & HCP Engagement - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Owns development and execution of all brand strategies within the respective customer segment (HCP Education).
- Acts as a leader and point person for tactical execution within designated segments and drives the Market Development and HCP Engagement of brand materials/curriculum development. Aligns brand strategy to all tactics within the HCP education.
- Makes decisions, in conjunction with other members of brand team, for designated customer segment . Serves as point person for non DBM functional areas e.g. Trade, MMSO etc. Communicates brand strategy, positioning, etc. Provides key input into in the brand planning process.
- This position is accountable for leading the development and implementation of life cycle management business plans for assigned in-line brands (including devices). Incumbent takes a lead role on extended brand teams (when appropriate) and interacts extensively with other functions within the company.
- Will serve as lead of execution and alignment around national Market Development and HCP Engagement tactics for specific brand, taking into account product life-cycle (new indication, formulation changes, etc.).
- Reports to the Senior Director, Insulin Portfolio,. Key internal relationships include medical affairs, global marketing, market development, legal, and regulatory.
- Other internal relationships include Managed Care, Trade, Government Affairs and international marketing.
- External relationships include relations with leading key opinion leaders, clinicians and professional services vendors.
- Accountable to manage the brand/portfolio budget process for designated brand(s)/area - makes sound decisions to optimize spend and ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and quality of services are maintained while costs remain on track and according to budget.
- Monitor agency expenses by looking for opportunities to maximize value while minimizing agency costs.
- Follow internal and external procedures in managing contracts. Regularly tracks and reconciles expenses to ensure budget is on track.
- Contribute to the strategic development of annual Market Development and HCP Engagement plans, aligned with commercial brand strategies across the brand and diabetes portfolio
- Develop strong relationships with leading key opinion leaders/thought leaders to integrate into Market Development and HCP Engagement activities.
- Drive strategic (LCM) advisory boards and provide commercial input for DBM portfolio strategy. Lead advisory board development and execution for assigned brand(s).Ensure ongoing monitoring of all brand Market Development and HCP Engagement activities to ensure they are meeting established criteria/key value metrics and if not meeting criteria/metrics proactively implement corrective measures.
- Work with Sales and Sales Operations to monitor and ensure maximum HCP participation within specific tactics (Interface, Webcast, National Broadcasts)Forges strong relationships with International Marketing to maximize brand Market Development and HCP Engagement activities.Interact extensively with KOLs, medical affairs, and global medical/marketing to determine strategies to manage the portfolio of diabetes brands to maximize sales performance
- Lead execution of national Market Development.
- HCP Engagement tactics across the portfolio of brands, taking into account product life-cycle (new indication, formulation changes, etc.)Proactively identify strategies, activities and future direction for promotional medical education based on evaluation of competitive landscape. Makes appropriate recommendations to Senior Director and Diabetes Management team.
- Provide oversight for Publication Execution Plan including publication database. Ensure proactive management of known publications for assigned brand(s) and develop publication responses to communicate key publications to speakers and advise brand(s) on key messages to consider for sales aids/activities.Provides strategic guidance to Market Development and HCP Engagement team on all areas of Market Development and HCP Engagement function – including 1) advocacy development 2) promotional medical education etc.Work effectively with internal colleagues (i.e., medical affairs, publication planning, commercial effectiveness, health economics, etc.) to contribute to the development of an effective portfolio strategic life-cycle plan.
- Assume broader role in working cross functionally across the organization, showing collaboration and strategic thinking with other departments.
- Serve as coach & mentor to junior managers in Market Development and HCP Engagement team to advise on Portfolio Market Development and HCP Engagement strategy & tactics.Serve as expert Market Development and HCP Engagement Serve as lead for alignment of Digital and Nationally focused Market Development and HCP Engagement assets assuring key metrics are established and monitored in an effort to drive continuous improvement around program execution
- 30-40% overnight travel required
- May require international travel.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- A five (5) year life cycle management and brand/medical marketing experience within the pharmaceutical industry required.
- Experience within a medical education/communications agency is also included.
- A key knowledge of how to develop and implement Market Development and HCP Engagement /medical education programs required
- Clinical understanding of diabetes management is preferred
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills with exceptionally high attention to detail
- The ability to manage and track budgets effectively across numerous projects
- The ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines at one time