This job is currently Archived,
Sr Auditor - United States
Endo Pharmaceuticals (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Our company is focused on developing and delivering high-value branded pharmaceutical products that meet the unmet needs of patients.
- Our company is a global specialty pharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives while creating shareholder value.
- The Senior Auditor will be responsible for the planning, execution, and reporting on operational, financial, and compliance audits ensuring that the work performed focuses on the areas of most significant business risks, and provides adequate assurance that the controls are operating effectively.
- The position will also assist the Internal audit group in the completion of the Company’s annual certification of internal control effectiveness in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”). Enterprise-wide audits, except IT
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development and execution of internal audit programs considering the significance of the activities within the business functions and the risk associated with those activities.
- Conduct financial and operational audits by examining and verifying accounting, statistical, or operational records and/or procedures of internal and/or external organizations to determine the reliability and effectiveness of financial and control systems.
- Tests the effectiveness of key controls for certain high-risk processes as identified for Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 purposes including collaboration with appropriate business managers and outside auditors to facilitate testing.
- Develop ad hoc analyses and reports for audit investigations and process improvement recommendations.
- Provide timely assessment and updates regarding project timelines, status, and preliminary issues.
- Preliminary assessment of issues should include initial finding, evidence gathered to support finding, and information necessary to confirm/validate finding.
- Facilitate ongoing training for client groups to improve business management’s understanding, ownership, and execution of relevant internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting ore related field required.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience with a minimum of 3+ years’ experience working for a public accounting firm performing financial and / or system audits.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or in process of completing exam.
- Professional Certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) are highly desirable.
- Experience in preparing/presenting project results and/or findings to executive-level management.
- Experience in developing audit procedures to address identified risks, and providing deliverables within the expected timeframe.
- Strong knowledge of implementation and execution of SOX gained through internal or external experience. Strong grasp of fundamental principles and concepts related to SOX (AS 5 and SEC Guidance).
- Knowledge of recently issued or proposed accounting and auditing guidance.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) concepts.
- Life sciences industry experience desirable
- Ability to synthesize detailed accounting and auditing information into concise executive-level reports and analyses. The reports should identify significant and meaningful observations and recommending opportunities to enhance business results and internal controls.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing), discuss and resolve complex and/or sensitive accounting, internal control, or auditing issues with all levels of management.
- Effectively work with business management to plan, coordinate, and execute audit projects.
- A sense of professional agility to be willing and able to adapt to changes in the business and individual day-to-day responsibilities.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to diagnose and resolve process and control deficiencies.
- Proficient with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP), specifically SAP highly desirable.
- Strong technology abilities including experience with Microsoft Excel and database applications.
- Effective team work and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be viewed as a skilled business partner with the ability to advise/persuade Finance and business management relative to audit and internal control issues.
- Effective team participation skills across a variety of finance and business functions to enhance old and/or develop new policies and processes.
- Travel – approximately 20%.