Sr Associate Scientist In Vitro Toxicology & Cell Biology - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
We are seeking a talented Sr. Associate Scientist with expertise in cell biology and in vitro assays to join our growing group. The successful candidate will play a hands on role in the lab as part of our cell and molecular biology team.
1) Driving wet lab efforts with a focus on establishing and utilizing a variety of cell based models (including iPSC, primary cell, organoid and three-dimensional) to develop assays to predict and investigate drug safety issues
2) Application of an array of cell and molecular biology techniques to derive insight into molecular pathways that are perturbed by potential therapeutics or target intervention including a variety of ‘omics approaches
3) Function as senior bench scientist in group providing mentorship and training for other associates within the team
4) Interface with other teams and groups with within Amgen and the external community to establish robust experimental platforms and techniques to further our research goals
5) Analysis, interpretation, meticulous documentation and presentation of data in group, department and project team meetings
6) Assessment and development of new technologies and approaches that drive efficiency and/or allow us to address key questions around drug safety in humans
Master’s degree and 3 years of Scientific experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Scientific experience
• Masters degree in molecular biology, cellular biology or related discipline with 7+ years of experience in cellular, biochemical, or genomic research within the biotechnology industry
• Significant experience in a variety of cellular, and molecular biology/toxicology approaches and techniques. Experience in three-dimensional tissue models and organoids is strongly preferred.
Significant experience in working with a variety of primary and ipsc approaches to generate cellular models that can be used within the biotechnology industry
• Expertise in the establishment of high throughput cell based assays with a particular focus on phenotypic readouts
Experience in the generation of omics data sets from cell based models
• Comfort in working in a highly interactive and vibrant environment designed to promote frequent interaction and brainstorming
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.