Sr Associate, Finance Process & Technology - United States
The Senior Associate, Finance Process and Technology will be part of a team that will be responsible for supporting Amgen’s FP&A organization by:
1) Overseeing annual budget / LRP and quarterly forecast processes to ensure the system process is well planned, supported and executed;
2) Driving data quality and integrity in the Hyperion Financial Planning and Reporting system (FPR); understanding the data relationships and data flows between various systems including SAP, EDW and FPR
3) Developing and executing plans to analyze, identify, test and resolve operational issues
4) Collaborating effectively and actively with key business partners to identify and implement continuous process and system improvements to drive business initiatives
5) Supporting system training programs and conducting training sessions to global business users.
6) Designing and creating standard and ad hoc financial reports that improve insight and transparency into financial results / plans
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of information systems experience
Associates degree and 6 years of information systems experience
High school diploma/GED and 8 years of information systems experience
Bachelor’s degree in one or more of the following: Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Finance Management Information Systems
At least 2 years’ experience in functional knowledge of financial budgeting and reporting processes in large company environment
Experience in using and / or supporting Oracle Hyperion technologies, Essbase, Planning, Reporting
Experience with financial reporting, metrics and key finance performance indicators
Strong organizational skills and ability to work with technical (IT) and Finance teams
Ability to build and maintain relationships across various levels and functions
Ability to manage change and process improvements effectively
Ability to work effectively in teams
Candidate should have strong analytical skills, as well as good interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
Strong computer literacy and the ability to learn new applications readily
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.