Sr. Associate, Clinical Contracts & Budgets (1 Year Contract) - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 13 May 2017
- Supports clinical site management activities by managing all site-related clinical contract and budget negotiations for company Sponsored clinical trials and Non company Sponsored Clinical Research.
- Manages and processes payments related to all clinical trials contracts for all sites.
Key Job Functions:
- Manages the clinical site contracting process, including contract and amendment preparation, negotiation, escalation, tracking and execution
- Participates in appropriate clinical site/legal meetings as required to resolve contract issues
- Leads the review of the site budget template with the Clinical Operations Manager for country feedback on FMV (Fair Market Value) and the Schedule A template
- Negotiates site study budget from the base budget and payment milestones using appropriate guidelines
- Escalates contract and budget issues to Legal, Pricing Group, and/or local or global Study Manager
- Manages, executes and reconciles site payments related to clinical trial contracts ensuring that spending is within approved contract budgets
- Maintains contract and payment data tracking in appropriate databases and financial systems
- Perform ongoing and/or end-of-study contract budget reconciliation
- Manage internal stakeholder needs and expectations through regular communication regarding progress and status of pending contract and payment request
- Actively contributes to results-oriented global and local departmental goals
- Identifies opportunities and best practices with local and regional partners that will contribute to overall operational effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree in a science or business field
- 3 years related experience in contracting, finance administration, project management, life science or medically related field
- Work experience in clinical research obtained working on clinical trials in a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO
- Knowledge of clinical site contracting processes
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Persistent, tactful and persuasive
- Proficiency with computer/database systems
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Our company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users.
- Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to facilitate the equal participation of candidates with disabilities, should you be selected for an interview