Sr. Associate, Administrative Services Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position provides full administrative support within Policy, Communications and Population Health for the Merck for Mothers (MfM) and Office of Corporate Responsibility organizations. The position will report to the Director of Operations of Merck for Mothers. The position requires excellent organizational skills, professional communication/telephone skills, sound judgment, flexibility and teamwork. The primary activities include and are not limited to the following:
- General and confidential secretarial/clerical/administrative duties.
- Expense management and financial budget support.
- Maintaining calendars, including scheduling of extensive international and domestic travel.
- Effectively interacting with Merck executives and external clients both on-site and remotely to maintain workflow.
- Coordinating special projects and program support within the division/area, including assistance with internal and off-site events
- Support for the professional management of external client meetings by preparing in advance relevant meeting materials, bios and travel documents.
- Administrative support of product donations programs including processing of donations, reconciliations, financial and tax processes, database management and engagement with program partners
- Administrative support of Merck’s corporate responsibility report publications
- Coordinate external client visits to Merck, scheduling conference rooms, making AV arrangements and ordering catering services as needed.
- Support virtual meetings using the latest technologies for WebExs, Teleconferences and Webcasts, ensuring seamless execution of logistics.
The primary activities include and are not limited to the following:
- Calendar Management which reflects the business priorities of the teams, and supports efficient use of time. Includes the scheduling and handling of logistics for recurring department meetings and events.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling and coordinating complex, multi-leg domestic and international travel, including visa/passport procurement and expense reporting.
- Communication skills must be at a level to effectively interact with Merck executives, internal/external clients and program partner organizations, including senior health care executives. Communications will occur both on-site and remotely, will reflect the positive and professional reputation of Merck, will support optimal workflow, and will include the handling of routine correspondence.
- Develop and organize departmental files, including the support and use of team sites
- Demonstrate an understanding of Merck policies and procedures.
- Develop skills in support of the departmental budget, including inputting data into SAP budgets and running monthly reports.
- Provide confidential executive administrative support in handling a variety of HtR requests – for new hires, promotions, lateral moves and departures, awards, and other HR-related activities.
- Cover for other MfM, Office of Corporate Responsibility or PCPH administrative assistants as needed.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 8 years Administrative Assistant experience
- Minimum 3 years Administrative experience supporting senior or executive level management position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills using (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- SAP experience processing Expense Reports, Purchase Orders, Payment Requests. Vendor Add Forms, as well as run reports within SAP
- Organization and time management: Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments for multiple people
- Demonstrated experience coordinating/scheduling multi-leg international and domestic trips requiring processing of Visa/Passports.
- Good judgment and discretion, handle sensitive documents and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Event Planning/Coordination experience
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Advanced secretarial/clerical abilities with a history of strong performance
- Experience with financial and budget tasks
- A working knowledge of the priorities of the team, which allows for an efficiently run office and a focus on key aspects of work
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Advanced education or certifications (e.g. Certified Administrative Professional, Project Management Professional Certification, Professional in Human Resources Certification)
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Job Title:Sr. Assoc, Administrative Services
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Database, Procurement, Project Manager, Technology, Operations