This job is currently Archived,
Sr Architect - United States
Posted on : 23 May 2017
- The Enterprise Architecture (EA) group at our company has been focused on building out a global R&D road-map focused on delivering key programs to establish the proper foundation upon which to enable world-class R&D operations in partnership with R&D IT (RDIT).
- These include clinical trial transparency, data governance, R&D data management, analytics & reporting, high-throughput screening, next-generation sequencing, laboratory information management systems, patient and payer engagement systems, lab automation, etc.
- The convergence of EA & RDIT is at a critical point and there is a large opportunity to enable critical new capabilities across the R&D organization in support of Digital Health, Global Data Initiatives, Business Intelligence / MDM, internal/external Collaboration, and a wide array of innovative Worldwide Medical needs.
- The role operates in a complex Research & Development environment with high levels of accountability where ease of access & analysis of vital data is paramount to the discovery of new drugs within the regulated pharmaceutical industry.
- The role will ensure that common architecture decisions are taken and implemented consistently across R&D providing insights across R&D, architectural expertise and technical direction to system development and integration projects in Worldwide Medical with focus on synergies and overlaps to other business functions.
- The unique domain skills and technical expertise will help us navigate the complex business systems landscape and work to refine the future state.
- The role will ensure that all architecture decisions supporting both EA & RDIT strategy for Worldwide Medical are compliant with relevant company architecture standards, blueprints and road-maps.
- The role will operate within a fragmented R&D information architecture working on data connectivity and linkage across R&D. In doing so the role will inform and guide the selection of solutions that meet Worldwide Medical information management needs, align to the R&D future state architecture and create a balance between the immediate and the strategic.
- The Senior Enterprise Architect for Worldwide Medical will be responsible for defining the IT technical strategy to support business development within company for Worldwide Medical. She/he will work with the lead R&D EA to translate business strategy and long term capability requirements into a single strategic view that drives organizational, process, and technology changes in alignment with company’s capabilities.
- They will act as an advocate for the client, as the ultimate authority on the solution design to address client business problems, provide direction and oversight for design activities, and set direction for Annual Operating Plan Technology road-map to ensure projects are in alignment with long term business and technology strategy.
- The Senior Enterprise Architect for Worldwide Medical will influence business and drive technology strategy and standardization by understanding the business needs and industry trends driving company end to end capability across the Worldwide Medical organization.
- The Senior Enterprise Architect for Worldwide Medical should possess broad IT background and should demonstrate expertise in discussing and demonstrating the important aspects of a common platform and integration of platforms with a specific focus on Worldwide Medical-related systems.
- With a strong blend of technical and business skills, the Architect should use a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements and to help the Worldwide Medical group develop IT strategy and platform selections. The role will focus on exploring and enabling new capabilities, innovation,
- standardization and integration of various systems across our Worldwide Medical landscape.
- Candidates must have both ‘visioning’ and ‘implementation’ experience and must understand company business strategy and define an IT systems architecture to support that strategy. Will also be responsible for detecting critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Successful candidates will have expertise spanning all architecture layers (technology/infrastructure, applications, information and business process) and will have previously interacted across several areas of an enterprise with business leaders and IT teams that support them.
- Essentially they must be able to demonstrate the successful delivery of tangible outcomes with significant business value, i.e. they will be practical as well as strategic, able to create vis
- ions and ensure they are delivered.
- Have Vertical industry experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical R&D, preferably Worldwide Medic
- Have full understanding of enterprise architecture, governance; any certification on enterprise architecture methodologies will be preferred
- Possess mature understanding of foundational architectural concepts (design, business technology strategy, quality management, human dynamics, and IT environment)
- Have moderate experience engaging with CXO’s and regular working interactions with CIO staff and Business stakeholders
- Have proven leadership experience
- Take a practical, pragmatic, results oriented approach to architecture planning
- Possess advanced application architecture design experience and prior exposure to multiple SDLC’s
- Has a proven track record of delivery success: developing a series of IT architectures within an industry
- Bachelors or Graduate degree in Computer Science / MS with 8+ years of experience in software solutions delivery with 5+ years as solution/enterprise/business architect
- Degree or experience in life sciences, biotechnology, and specifically “Worldwide Medical” is valued
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Architecture, Biotech, Data Management, Developer, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Science, Data, Technology