This job is currently Archived,
Sr. Administrative Assistant - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 21 April 2017
Provide advanced administrative support to senior managers and their organizations .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screen delivered mail and phone calls and may screen manager's e-mail. Handle routine matters or refer them to appropriate parties for action.
- Coordinate and follow-up on action items to ensure completion.
- Contact company personnel at multiple levels of the organization to gather information and prepare reports.
- Compose and proofread reports, correspondence and memos with minimal guidance.
- Investigate and resolve routine and non-routine problems with minimal guidance.
- Handle special projects and duties as needed (for example, data collection, report creation, database maintenance, contacting personnel for routine updates, etc.).
- Assemble and analyze confidential information for management.
- Establish and maintain sensitive files and records.
- Make meeting and travel arrangements.
- Handle arrangements for visits by customers and others.
- Answer questions and provide assistance relating to office operations and established policies and procedures.
- Assist with phone coverage for others as needed.
- May greet visitors, set up and maintain management calendars, prepare expense reports, handle scheduling for one or more conference rooms, order office supplies, ensure office machinery is maintained and/or handle mail and shipping activities for the department.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School or G.E.D. and specialized secretarial training beyond High School. Associate’s degree (A.A. /A.S.) or equivalent from two year college preferred.
- Experience: Six to eight years related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Excellent keyboarding skills, highly skilled in utilizing personal computer, e-mail and standard office software packages (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database). Broad understanding of company policies and practices. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disabled/Vet.