This job is currently Archived,
Sr Administrative Assistant - Switzerland
Posted on : 17 April 2017
- The purpose of this job is to support the Site Leadership Team Members in administrative matters, including arranging travel, calendar and meeting management, conference call facilitation, management and ordering of office supplies, coordination of onboarding of new employees, translation of correspondences in German (short emails / letters), coordination with construction contractor’s administrative team, preparation of team correspondences and Power Point presentations.
- This job also includes assistance to the expat staff and families with items that they may need help with translation, phone calls where German language may be required, and be a resource that can answer questions for the expat employees or families.
- Acts as a competent proactive and reliable support to Sr. Director Project Engineering and Sr. Director Manufacturing Engineering
- Acts as a competent proactive and reliable support to Sr. Director Quality, Director Prodution and Director, Facilities
- Provides all-around high quality administrative support to the Engineering organization, Organizes inter-functional and external meetings, manages and maintains electronic diaries/meeting calendars, Establishes and maintains efficient office systems, Liaises with CM staff, suppliers and other staff, Liaises and co-ordinates with other administration staff across Europe and the US.
- On boarding of new employees or contract staff. This role will be responsible for manage the resource request system to coordinate resources required for new employees, (computers, phones, desk, etc.). This position will welcome new staff and be the go-to person for answering questions or pointing them in the correct direction on where they can receive answers.
- This position will also coordinate travel for the project team, working with the travel agency to arranging airline tickets, hotels, rental cars for travel from CH to other locations and coordination with directions / hotel accommodations, train tickets, dinner reservations etc. for people traveling to CH.
- This role will also assisting in helping new team members set up travel profiles with the travel agencies.
- Proficiency in English and German required (good knowledge of French and/OR Italian is a plus)
- High quality general secretarial skills - including word processing, advanced Power Point, Advanced Excel, etc.
- 3 years’ experience in the role in a multinational company, a previous experience in pharma would be considered an asset
Educated at University level
- Our company is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases, hematologic conditions and autoimmune diseases.
- Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
- Founded in 1978, our company is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology company.
- Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options.
- These include programs for secondary progressive MS, Alzheimer’s Disease, spinal muscular atrophy, lupus and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), amongst others.
- With more than 7,500 people worldwide, our company is truly a global organization.
- Our international operations are based in Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark.
- We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Segment: Secretary, Biotech, Engineer, Administrative Assistant, Administrative, Science, Engineering, Research