Spotfire Developer - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Position Title: Spotfire Developer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Type of Assignment: Contract (Possible extension)
Join the enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. As the Spotfire Developer you will be part of a growing team responsible to execute on critical needs for key stakeholders. This is the opportunity to advance beyond your technical skills and provide leadership in the implementation of data standardization, data integration and reporting support to the cross-functional clinical development teams.
- Perform Spotfire programming, testing, mapping, data feeds, and documentation.
- Contribute to programming standards, and verification and quality control processes.
- Obtain and understand business requirements to create required visualizations, complex reports, dashboards, etc.
- Analyze requirements in terms of technical feasibility and logical correctness.
- Enable the integration of data from a variety of enterprise systems including Electronic Data Capture (EDC), external data sources (e.g. laboratory data), repository and sFTP with the objective of delivering organized and uniformed quality data ready for various analysis purposes.
- Consult with multiple functions such as Biostats/Programming, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Commercial, etc. to develop and deliver our growing clinical data into advanced visualizations and analytic insights to end users.
- Assist in developing and implementing data feeds to import into Spotfire and verify data specifications documents.
- Contribute toward developing visualization training, end user techniques and standard outputs to facilitate users in identifying critical data quickly and accurately while promoting independent utilization.
- Train and develop advanced users on the business intelligence tool set.
- Assist in developing, revising, and maintain core operating procedures and working instructions.
- Create and maintain user guidance/documentation and training materials.
- Prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues and upper management.
- Apply conceptualized and creative-thinking expertise toward possible reporting solutions or alternatives.
- Meet objectives as assigned, and interact with the project team to organize timelines, responsibilities and deliverables.
- Provide technical guidance and act as subject matter expert in addition to writing reports specifications documentation and collaborating effectively with R&D and IT personnel.
- Bachelors, Masters or higher with at least 5 years of relevant professional technical experience
- Must have a strong understanding of the design development and deployment of business intelligence systems
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience is essential
- Strong understanding of clinical trial data, metadata and CDISC data standards (CDASH, SDTM),
SQL and SAS programming (clinical and or statistical) experience beneficial
- Prior experience working with Clinical Data Management and thorough knowledge of relational databases, data structures and EDC systems such as Medidata Rave, eClinical OS (IBM Merge), DSG eCaselink etc.
- Self-driven with high work values and should have the ability be creative and to show results in short time
- Vast understanding and hands-on experience with visual analytics and clinical data review software such as Spotfire, Comprehend, SAS Visual Analytics, QlikSense, Business Objects, or similar
- Experience in BI projects
- Highly organized, proactive and self-motivated with drive to design and build with opportunity to advance project management skills
- Strong sense of customer service and ability to prioritize, problem solve and follow-up on multiple issues simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent listening, understanding and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of SDTM
- Experience with eCTD and submissions highly beneficial.
- Understanding and knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture:b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself