Specialty Sales Consultant, Pain (Southern CA) - United States
The Specialty Sales Consultant is responsible for direct promotion of Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ products, and the development and management of business relationships with therapeutic specialists within an assigned geographical territory. The Specialty Sales Consultant (SSC) is an integral part of the commercial team that includes all personnel dedicated to the sales and marketing functions. The Specialty Sales Consultant will implement Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ marketing strategies and marketing tactics to achieve short-term and long-term objectives. This position reports directly to a Regional Sales Manager.
Territory includes Southern Orange County, San Diego County, Inland Empire, Phoenix, AZ, and Las Vegas, NV. The preferred location for this candidate is Southern Orange County and San Diego County.
MUST HAVE PHARMACEUTICAL SALES EXPERIENCE
The Specialty Sales Consultant will:
- Educate physicians and other health care professionals about Jazz Pharmaceuticals products, providing the most current information about the approved indications for the company’s products
- Achieve sales forecasts and targets
- Participate in organizing and facilitating meetings for the exchange of medical and product information in line with the company’s policies, regulatory and legal requirements
- Analyze the SSC’s designated territory to understand prescribing and purchasing decision processes and any marked differences from national trends
- Identify key physicians, health care providers and organizations within assigned territory
- Prepare a business plan and area tactical plan for the SSC’s assigned territory
- Implement approved plans within established time lines
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with physicians and other health care professionals identified in business plans
- Present a positive and professional image of Jazz Pharmaceuticals, and ensure activities are consistent with and enhance the company’s ethical pharmaceutical marketing policies and procedures
- Comply with all legal/regulatory guidelines of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code, OIG guidelines, and all other applicable federal and state regulations
- Perform all activities within allocated budget
- Four year college/university degree or equivalent is required
- Post-graduate business school study, training is preferred
- At least two years of specialist sales experience in Pain is preferred
- Buy and Bill experience is preferred.
- Experience with injectable products is preferred
- Experience with reimbursement is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of product(s); competitor product(s); and applicable disease states desired
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, and strong planning and organizational skills are required
- Self-motivation and ability to excel in a team environment
- Ability to travel to meet territorial requirements
Description of Physical Demands
- Frequent travel between meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a workstation.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.