- The Specialty Sales Consultant is responsible for direct promotion of company’s products, and the development and management of business relationships with therapeutic specialists within an assigned geographical territory.
- The Specialty Sales Consultant (SSC) is an integral part of the commercial team that includes all personnel dedicated to the sales and marketing functions.
- The Specialty Sales Consultant will implement company’s marketing strategies and marketing tactics to achieve short-term and long-term objectives.
- This position reports directly to a Regional Sales Manager.
MUST HAVE PHARMACEUTICAL SALES EXPERIENCE
- Educate physicians and other health care professionals about company products, providing the most current information about the approved indications for the company’s products
- Achieve sales forecasts and targets
- Participate in organizing and facilitating meetings for the exchange of medical and product information in line with the company’s policies, regulatory and legal requirements
- Analyze the SSC’s designated territory to understand prescribing and purchasing decision processes and any marked differences from national trends
- Identify key physicians, health care providers and organizations within assigned territory
- Prepare a business plan and area tactical plan for the SSC’s assigned territory
- Implement approved plans within established time lines
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with physicians and other health care professionals identified in business plans
- Present a positive and professional image of the company, and ensure activities are consistent with and enhance the company’s ethical pharmaceutical marketing policies and procedures
- Comply with all legal/regulatory guidelines of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code, OIG guidelines, and all other applicable federal and state regulations
- Perform all activities within allocated budget
- Four year college/university degree or equivalent is required
- Post-graduate business school study, training is preferred
- At least two years of specialist sales experience in Pain is preferred
- Buy and Bill experience is preferred.
- Experience with injectable products is preferred
- Experience with reimbursement is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of product(s); competitor product(s); and applicable disease states desired
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, and strong planning and organizational skills are required
- Self-motivation and ability to excel in a team environment
- Ability to travel to meet territorial requirements
Description of Physical Demands
- Frequent travel between meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a workstation.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.