This job is currently Archived,
Specialty Sales Consultant - United States
Endo Pharmaceuticals (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
Specialty Sales Consultant
- Our company is focused on developing and delivering high-value branded pharmaceutical products that meet the unmet needs of patients.
- Our company is a global specialty pharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives while creating shareholder value.
- The Pharmaceutical Sales Professional – Urology (PSP) is responsible for appropriately selling pharmaceuticals to a diverse group of approved health care professionals (a range of licensed physician specialties, licensed health care professionals and their support staff).
- The PSP is expected to understand corporate/business unit strategy and execute an approved customer engagement plan consisting of both health care professionals and accounts.
- The PSP will demonstrate professional selling skills, account management skills, judgment and resource optimization to achieve sales performance at or above targets.
- The PSP must build, execute and refine a territory management plan, in consultation with their Pharmaceutical District Sales Manager, in order to either meet or exceed sales goals while operating ethically and in accordance with all policies and procedures.
- The incumbent does not supervise other employees but does make judgments daily that significantly impact business performance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build a territory management plan, consistent with corporate strategies, to either achieve or exceed individual sales performance objectives.
- Engage target health care professionals with professional selling skills to appropriately change their behavior in order to increase brand use and adoption for appropriate patients.
- Prepare to sell to a diverse base of health care professionals and their accounts daily, including routing and pre-call planning.
- Continuously improve brand knowledge and selling skills by self-study and practice.
- Become a local market expert for relevant market trends regarding accounts, health care professionals, systems, access, reimbursement, distribution and competition.
- Understand corporate and business unit strategy.
- Understand brand strategy for all promoted brands.
- Operate ethically and in accordance with all policies and procedures.
- Proactively embrace change and react quickly and effectively to successfully confront business challenges
- Records sales calls daily, consistent with policies and procedures.
- Reviews sales performance reports on a regular business to understand and evaluate personal performance and understand personal performance relative to peers.
- Refines territory management plan based on data from sales performance reports and local market knowledge.
- Complete sales performance analysis as needed to further refine territory management plans and improve sales performance.
- Optimizes resources, including expense budgets, through planning and completes expense reports consistent with policies and procedures.
- Completes all training assignments in full and on time.
- Collaborates with leadership and peers to ensure full understanding and application of all training assignments.
- Prepares in advance of all company meetings, arrives fresh, attentive and actively participates while contributing to an environment of trust and respect.
- Use sound, independent judgment and discretion on a daily basis to improve selling performance.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Majors preferred – Sciences, Business, Health Care Fields).
- Minimum two years sales or pharmaceutical sales experience.
- Proven and consistent record of winning sales performance.
- Consistently earning placement in top 1/3 of sales performance ranking.
- Broad experience using computers and other technologies.
- Experience with selling complex specialty and buy and bill products are preferred
- Experience with reimbursement policies both private and public payers
- In-depth product knowledge.
- Diseases state knowledge, including anatomy and physiology.
- Managed Care knowledge, including formulary tiers, commercial and public payers.
- In-depth knowledge of health care account types and systems.
- Drug distribution channel including wholesale and retail.
- Models professional selling skills to achieve performance.
- Leadership and discipline to be ethical, decisive and do the right thing.
- Delivers measurable results that exceed goals and competition.
- Applies principles of integrity, honesty and fairness to customer relationships that creates loyalty.
- Commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Supports teamwork by building trust.
- Emotional intelligence and self-awareness to build, nurture and utilize professional relationships.
- Proactively embraces change and reacts quickly and effectively to confront business challenges.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Professional selling skills.
- Overnight travel may be necessary
- Ability to drive to customers throughout the day
- Ability to lift 10 pounds throughout the day
- Valid driver’s license