This job is currently Archived,
Specials Grind Operator - 1st Shift Columbus United States,
Becton Dickinson (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
Perform manual and machine point grinding of Cannula. Operate electrolytic grinding and electrical discharge machine equipment. Perform minor set up and repairs on equipment to which assigned and assist set-up with major changeovers and repairs. Assist QC Manufacturing Representative and /or QC Technician in performing machine and process capability studies, etc.
- Maintain equipment operation, monitoring and performance of grinding systems.
- Know processes and QC Specifications.
- Perform Cannula/Stylets/Blades loading/unloading of grinders as required.
- Inspect and remove defective product.
- Maintain product quality, equipment performance and production performance.
- Make process equipment adjustments, repairs and service as required so that continuous work patterns and operations are maintained.
- Notify set-up, utility and technicians when necessary.
- Clean up as required.
- Maintain accurate production waste, quality, labor, etc. records.
- Operator will be exposed to various oil, solvents and grind coolant.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Due to the nature of specialty needle production, additional equipment and job duties may be added as deemed necessary by department coordinator
- Monitor and perform quality inspection on the product and process that do not require an in-line inspector and necessary adjustment.
- On those operations which utilize a separate inspector, the operator will be required to be familiar with the inspection methods and criteria
- Maintain record keeping functions which include production, labor, waste, quality, material transfer and inventory logs
- Must maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area and equipment.
- Inspect pointed cannula for defective cannula per applicable QC Specifications
- Remove defective cannula during inspection to the appropriate waste container
- Perform QC Checks per QC specifications (rotation, bevels, overall length, point length, bore, burns, etc.)
- Perform periodic and as needed QC check per QC Specifications (dimensional checks, point length, bevel length, overall length, burr clogs, rotation, etc.)
- Use macroscope, microscope, calipers, laser rotation, or other test equipment to perform QC requirements
- Reports directly to shift coordinator and has no authority over others.
- Able to work effectively in a team, accurately and with limited supervision
- Executes additional duties as required by coordinator Must be familiar with all specifications as outlined in Quality Control
- Specifications, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation Must comply with department protective clothing, safety and management policies
- Must be familiar with specifications and documentation associated with operations of this position. Understand Process Specifications, Preventative
- Maintenance and Quality System Manual, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation
- The operations of this position may specify use of chemicals.
- In such cases, completion of periodic Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and Right-to-Know training will be required for these chemicals
- Be available to report to work during off shift hours to aid in machine repair or set-up as required.
Find a Job Find Candidates