Specials Grind Operator - 1st Shift - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Maintain equipment operation, monitoring and performance of grinding systems.
- Know processes and QC Specifications.
- Perform Cannula/Stylets/Blades loading/unloading of grinders as required.
- Inspect and remove defective product.
- Maintain product quality, equipment performance and production performance.
- Make process equipment adjustments, repairs and service as required so that continuous work patterns and operations are maintained.
- Notify set-up, utility and technicians when necessary.
- Clean up as required.
- Maintain accurate production waste, quality, labor, etc. records.
- Operator will be exposed to various oil, solvents and grind coolant.
- Due to the nature of specialty needle production, additional equipment and job duties may be added as deemed necessary by department coordinator
- Monitor and perform quality inspection on the product and process that do not require an in-line inspector and necessary adjustment.
- On those operations which utilize a separate inspector, the operator will be required to be familiar with the inspection methods and criteria
- Maintain record keeping functions which include production, labor, waste, quality, material transfer and inventory logs
- Must maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area and equipment.
- Inspect pointed cannula for defective cannula per applicable QC Specifications
- Remove defective cannula during inspection to the appropriate waste container
- Perform QC Checks per QC specifications (rotation, bevels, overall length, point length, bore, burns, etc.)
- Perform periodic and as needed QC check per QC Specifications (dimensional checks, point length, bevel length, overall length, burr clogs, rotation, etc.)
- Use macroscope, microscope, calipers, laser rotation, or other test equipment to perform QC requirements
- Reports directly to shift coordinator and has no authority over others.
- Able to work effectively in a team, accurately and with limited supervision
- Executes additional duties as required by coordinator Must be familiar with all specifications as outlined in Quality Control
- Specifications, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation Must comply with department protective clothing, safety and management policies
- Must be familiar with specifications and documentation associated with operations of this position. Understand Process Specifications, Preventative
- Maintenance and Quality System Manual, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation
- The operations of this position may specify use of chemicals.
- In such cases, completion of periodic Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and Right-to-Know training will be required for these chemicals
- Be available to report to work during off shift hours to aid in machine repair or set-up as required.