The Service Validation & Testing – Test Engineer/Analyst role is primarily responsible for supporting the Testing portfolio by providing testing execution activities to the projects in the portfolio. This include:
- Act as active member of development team towards building complex and innovative solutions (mobility, big data, analytics).
- Responsibility for bringing and leading test competency in above teams who are working in agile or waterfall environment.
- Your strong commitment to an individual contribution to quality of developed software will enable you to improve project deliveries.
The nature of the position requires excellent oral and written communication skills and proven technical skills in complex project situations. We want this position to possess the technical skills which enabling us to automate as many tests as possible. The incumbent will ensure that all SDLC concepts are applied in accordance with company policy.
The position will interact and embed into software development team in the organization, including the supplier development team. He/She will be critical in establishing good relationships with numerous IT organizations and Suppliers.
- MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
Required Experience/Technical Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years applied work experience and knowledge in software/systems development principles and methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
- Affinity with pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- You have solid hands-on experience of using testing methodologies and tools ( e.g. HP Quality Center, ALM , Unified Functional Testing, Selenium, Jira or Bugzilla).
- You have experience with manual test design (knowledge of basic test analysis techniques), include creating and documenting the test strategies, test plans, test scenarios,and test cases.
- You have some experience with non-functional testing (performance, load, compliance, scalability, security, recovery etc.)
- You prove ability to conduct manual and automated testing. Understanding of agile mindset is highly desirable.
- You are knowledgeable with the entry and exit criteria of testing quality gates and deliverables, including the testing phases.
- You possess high personal integrity, credibility, and energy.
- You have customer-centric attitude and an eye for detail.
- You also have:
- good written and communication skills
- ability to communicate in English
- ability to collaborate in a complex matrix environment
- You see an international organization with different cultures, languages and geographical locations as a perfect opportunity for personal growth and development.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- ISTQB Foundation Level certificate or equivalent knowledge.
- Some experience with work as a part of agile development team.
- Expert knowledge of particular test automation tool (desktop or mobile).
- Exposure to any programming language.
- Knowledge and experience in application domains is a plus:
- Mobile development (iOS, Android) experience
- Big data platforms - knowledge of Hadoop stack (Hive, Hbase, Spark)
- MS Sharepoint
- Experience with developing in/for regulated environment
Job: Service Delivery/Management Job Title:Spclst, Service Delivery/Management
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Computer Science, Test Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Science